Chapter 34

"Dryad!" Ryukyu said, snapping her fingers in front of the freckled girl and breaking her out of the small trance she was in.

"Huh? Oh! Ryukyu! Sorry, I just kinda took the book from your hands." Akina said.

"It's fine... are you able to read that book?"

"Yeah, actually! I am!"

"What's it about?" Nejire asked, having managed to make her way to the front of the small crowd.

Akina tensed slightly, she couldn't just flat out tell her, and every other curious pro-hero in the room that this book was filled with various magic spells. She didn't know if anyone in this world could use magic themselves, but on the off chance they could she preferred to keep the contents of this book a secret. After a minute, she figured out an answer. "It's nothing too interesting. Just a book of Fairytales."

Ryukyu looked at her for a second then smiled. "Well, if it's just that then I think it might be best if you kept it. After all, you seem to be the only one around here who can read it."

"Really? I can keep it?" Akina asked, her eyes shining.

"Of course. Though, as I recall you were supposed to clean up the training room."

"Oh, uh, I finished with that!"

"Then you can help some of my sidekicks with their paperwork. You're still not off the hook after what you did last night."

Akina just nodded, "Yes ma'am!"

***

It wasn't long until internships were over, and after waving goodbye to Ryukyu and Nejire, she headed towards the train station, dread filling up her chest as she got closer. Just the thought of her getting onto the train from hell made her stomach do flips. In the last few days of her internship she had worked on learning new spells— of course she had to do it in private because if anyone saw her use transformation magic they'd start to question her and assume she had some secret second quirk and she really hadn't wanted to get into a mess like that.

Though with the book, she had managed to completely learn aria magic. Her landings were still a little shaky and she had face planted more than once. Thinking about everything she could do with what she learned made her excited, now, the sky was the limit. Literally!

"Last call for Musutafu, Japan." A voice over the speakers said and Akina jerked up and ran through the closing light rail doors, quickly sitting down before her motion sickness took over. The moment the train started moving she feel victim to the train.

After the ride from hell, Akina just barely made it out of the train before the doors closed on her. The moment she was on solid ground she had recovered completely and was headed home.

***

The weekend passed by and it was time for classes once again. After a weekend of patrolling with Laxus she was glad to be able to get a break from the older dragon slayer, plus she was interested in how all her classmates internships went.

As she walked up to her classroom, she could hear laughter coming from both Kirishima and Sero, seeing what they were laughing at the moment she opened the door. They were laughing at Bakugo, to be specific Bakugo's hair. Instead of it's usual spiked up porcupine style, his hair was combed over and smooth. It looked similar to the hairstyle of a class 1-B student, Monoma.

"Like the new style, hedgehog- oh, guess I can't call you that anymore." Akina said, placing a hand over her mouth as she snickered.