24

Lexa's pov:

I woke up but I wasn't really awake. I couldn't see anything and it was like I was frozen in time. I could hear people talking but it was super muffled. After what felt like forever I heard a rolling noise and then felt something warm on my body. I could tell immediately what it was. I guess I should say I could tell immediately who it was. Clarke.

I don't know how I know but I just do. Something is telling me it's Clarke deep inside. I heard what sounded like sobbing and I felt my chest grow wet. Clarke is hugging me and crying into my chest. I wanted to wake up from whatever state I'm in and help her. To comfort my love and tell her everything is alright and tell her how proud I am she's still alive and made it through the operation. I would give anything to hold her soft hands and tell her how much I love her, and that she means the world to me.

Unfortunately I can't do that. I can't open my mouth or my eyes and I can't even move my body. I decided to try my hardest to listen to Clarke, hoping she would say something to me so I could hear her sweet voice after what felt like a lifetime.

"Lexa." Clarke cried out. "I'm so sorry."

'It's not your fault Clarke.' That's what I would say if I could talk to Clarke right now. I tried as hard as I could but nothing happened. I waited for Clarke to say something else but instead heard the voice of Lincoln.

"Clarke none of this is your fault. Lexa would have done this for you no matter what you said and how much you protested. I really do think Lexa might be able to hear us right now. I know she's fighting with all of the strength she has to come back to you Clarke."

I instantly felt a great relief deep down when I heard Lincoln's words. I love that man like my brother and he was exactly right with everything he said.

"I'll give you some time alone with Lexa." Lincoln said, and all I heard was silence. After a little while I felt Clarke gently caress my face and then her lips on my own. It felt so good but she quickly pulled away.

"Lexa?"

I wanted to respond. To tell her that I was actually fine right where I was and she could continue kissing me but I still couldn't.

"Lexa." Clarke started to giggle. "Your heart rate sky rocketed when I kissed you."

Soon after that I felt Clarke lean in and kiss me again but this time for longer. When she pulled away again she started laughing. "You really are in there Lex."

'Of course I am' I wanted to say. 'I could never leave you Clarke.' I couldn't say anything though, I couldn't even move.

"Lexa I love you so much. If you can, please open your eyes for me. I miss you and I know this probably sounds selfish but I need you here with me so bad. When I woke up and you weren't next to me..."

Clarke didn't finish that thought. "Well it doesn't matter because I'm here with you now and I'm not going any where. I don't care how long it takes, I won't leave your side for long. I'll be here to see you every single day. A little piece of you will always be with me though whether you are awake of not. This isn't a metaphor or anything it's part of your Kidney. Lexa we really are a perfect match, you saved my life. I know I probably look so stupid right now trying to have a conversation with someone in a coma but I can feel that you can hear me. I hope that brilliant brain of yours turns back on all the way again soon."

I felt another kiss, this one on my forehead and I could even feel a few tears fall from Clarkes eyes onto my forehead.

"I'm sorry about that." Clarke half laughed, half cried, as she wiped away the salty drops. "I'll be back soon Lexa. I love you."