19

An: no way haha this has over 1k reads that's a lot for me thank you all. Anyways I left y'all on a big cliffhanger so back to the story...

Clarke's POV:

"What? Clarke? No. No way."

"I found out a few weeks ago Lexa. I have extreme kidney failure. Normally there are options where you can just receive a transplant and that gives you pretty good odds for survival but I'm on the bottom of the transplant list and the kind I need is super rare. Both the blood type, and the tissue type have to match, and I have a super rare tissue type Lex."

"But the bar. Yesterday. Clarke you could have died after all of the alcohol you drank. Why didn't anyone stop you?"

"Lexa you are the only one who knows and we have to keep it that way. I only just found out a few weeks ago but it's already getting bad. Soon both kidneys will stop working all together and I'll have to be hospitalized until I pass away. I don't want to scare my family and friends. I'm going to die soon."

"Don't fucking say that Clarke!" Lexa cried, suddenly standing from the sand. I stood up too and took a step towards her.

"I'm so sorry Lex. I should have never fallen in love with you. I should have pushed you away. I'm so sorry I-"

"Clarke don't say that." Lexa said, quickly interrupting me. "I'm not letting you die."

Lexa paused for a minute like she was trying to think and quickly began to pace back and forth in the sand. I walked over to her and placed my hands on her shoulders stopping her. "Lexa-"

"Clarke this isn't the end. I'm not giving up on you. I'm rich now remember? I'll just pay for you to be on the top of the transplant list ok? Money isn't a problem."

"No way. Lexa there are thousands of people waiting for a kidney, I'm not skipping the line."

"Please Clarke. You have to." Lexa begged, now cupping my face in her hands. I leaned into her touch for a second but shook my head no.

"I can't Lexa. There are moms and dads and babies and children on the list. I won't skip the line. I can't."

"No I can't lose you Clarke." Lexa said, and we both started to cry again.

"I'm sorry Lexa, I love you so much and I never wanted this to happen. I should have broken up with you the second I found out but I waited 2 whole weeks. I never meant for you to fall in love with me. I'm so sorry."

"Don't." Lexa said, still crying. "Don't ever apologize for that. Loving you is the best thing I've ever done in my entire life and nothing will change that. I will love you until the day you die and forever and ever after that. You are my soulmate Clarke and your love is a gift."

"Lex." I whispered, before leaning forward and connecting our lips in a meaningful yet sorrow filled kiss. I could feel the hot tears rolling down both of our cheeks and the feelings inside me grew even stronger. When we pulled apart, I fell into Lexa's arms, and she held my body close, protecting me with all of her love. I buried my head in the crook of her neck and tried to move impossibly closer, never wanting to leave her again.

"I wish you would have told me sooner Clarke. I'm not mad though. I love you so much." Lexa whispered, pulling away from the hug and reaching to grab my hands in her own.

"You don't have to do this Lexa. You don't have to watch me die. You can leave still. Forget about me and my life and go far away. I won't blame you."

"I would never do that Clarke. I'm never leaving your side. Ever. I'm not going to watch you die though. If we really are soulmates and I have no doubt we are, there's something we need to see." Lexa said, brushing a strand of hair out of my face and behind my ear. "Do you trust me Clarke?"

"With my life."

"Then please, come with me."