12

Lexa's pov:

I can not even describe how much I miss Clarke right now. We spent the last 2 days together, so you would think that would be enough but I can't stop thinking about her despite her only leaving for work 20 minutes ago. I've never felt this strongly about anyone before and it honestly scares me a little. I would probably do anything for her and the weird thing is I wouldn't mind at all.

I can finally walk around now that the bite has had some time to heal which is nice because I hate just sitting around all day. I decided it might be a good idea to go on a walk and get some exercise so that's what I did. The streets were quiet this early in the morning, and there was this constant cool breeze that sent chills up my spine every once in a while. This type of weather is the opposite of the hot summer days I've now become a custom to but I'm certainly not complaining.

I walked down a street called RoseWood street and everything I saw reminded me of Clarke. There was this blue house with circle windows that reminded me of Clarke's eyes, then there was this garden outside of another house that was so beautiful and also reminded me of Clarke. Basically every thing I saw reminded me of my new girlfriend. When I got to the end of the block, I heard what sounded like screaming.

Although it hurt me physically, I ran forward, trying to make sure no one was in danger. What I didn't realize at the time was someone was in danger...and that someone was me.

I rounded the corner of the street and saw the source of the noise. There was an adult man who seemed to have gotten run over by a van. He was lying under the vehicle and screaming out in pain. I ran up to him despite the pain I felt in my leg, but when I got to him he stopped screaming and stood up perfectly fine from under the van. I was so confused about what was happening but then he gave me an evil smile and I knew. Before I could do anything, I felt a heavy hit to the back of my head and everything went black.

——————————————————

When I woke up again, I had a pounding headache and I couldn't open my eyes because the light in whatever room I was in was too bright. Then all of a sudden I felt a slap across my face an I opened my eyes and screamed out in pain. I tied to feel my face and cover where I had been slapped, but I quickly realized that my hands were tied behind my back and my feet were tied to a chair.

"Good Morning Lexa." The man who slapped me said, and I instantly recognized him. It was my brother Cage's right hand man, Carl Emerson.

"Emerson?"

"I have to be honest Lexa you look awfully terrible. Did you hit your head or something?"

"Wha-"

"Obviously that was a joke Lexa. You really are and idiot aren't you. It's a good thing Cage noticed that before you stole the company from him."

"I didn't steal anything from him Emerson!"

"Oh really?! You and Lincoln just happen to be taking your honeymoon in the same place where the board meeting to pass over the company is happening?! That's bullshit Lexa!"

"No one wants the company to go to Cage! He's a psychopath!"

Instead of responding with words, Emerson balled up his fists and punched me in the face. I cried out in pain and felt my eyes well up with tears but I just heard Emerson laughing.

"You always were a coward Lexa."

"At least I don't bow down to my brother like your pathetic ass."

"You never learn do you?" Emerson asked before delivering another punch to my face. This time he made contact with my nose and I heard a snap and cried out in pain, only this time I couldn't hold back some of the tears. I felt blood drip down my face and into my mouth so I decided to spit the blood out onto Emerson's face.

I instantly knew I would regret that decision when I saw the raging look on his face and I knew I was in trouble. Emerson took something out of his pocket and flicked his wrist, revealing it was a knife. Shit.

Emerson then grabbed the sweatpants I was wearing and pulled them off, despite me struggling to get free from his grasp. He managed to pull them all the way off my legs and then threw them across the room.

"I heard you got a shark bite Lexa. It would be extremely unfortunate if I were to accidentally stab you over your bite wouldn't it?" Emerson asked, smirking at me.

"Please don't." I begged, knowing that whatever might be coming was going to be extremely painful.

"What? I can't hear you." Emerson said, and he let out and evil chuckle and bent down right next to me. He then plunged the knife into my leg where the bite was and I screamed out in pain.

"Stop! Please!"

Emerson applied more pressure and I screamed once again, never ever feeling something so painful before. When he finally stopped applying pressure, I looked down at my leg to see the knife was still there and there was blood everywhere.

"I think I'll leave that there for you Lexa. Consider it my present to you for your funeral."

"You won't get away with this Emerson."

"Oh...but you see I will,
and it won't just be you Lexa."

My heart dropped in my chest. "What are you talking about?"

"I believe your brother is having quite the little chat with Lincoln and Clarke as we speak."

"No! Don't touch them! Leave them out of this!" I yelled, thrashing around in the chair and trying to break free despite the terrible pain it caused in my leg.

Emerson started laughing again and then I heard a ringing sound. He pulled out his phone and waved it in front of me.

"Look who it is. Your brother seemed to not have any trouble in locating the people you love. How about we see how they are doing?"