Newt | The Maze Runner

GREEN BEAN

Requested by: A_Short_ass_Hispanic

Origin: Maze Runner

Genre: ❤️

Warnings:

--

You had been in the med shack for days now, having missed out on your runs just to sit here. Alby had came to check on you, but he didn't dare ask you to leave, knowing that right now you were sort of like a rabid dog.

He was back once again, looking to you as you could barely keep your eyes open. "How is he?"

You snapped your head up, looking to the leader and then back to the boy in the bed. "He hasn't woken yet, they think he must have hit his head pretty hard, and his leg... they said it wouldn't heal the same..."

"So he can't be a runner anymore." Ably's voice was solmen, nodding to himself before looking back to the barely awake boy in the chair. "He'll be able to do other things though, there's plenty to go around."

"He's gonna be devastated." You muttered, and Alby sighed, knowing you were right.

"You should get some rest." Before you could protest his statement he continued. "I'll bring you some blankets."

After he left, you looked over to the sandy blonde, his face looked peaceful, his head was bandaged and his leg was lifted off the bed, in some sort of mud cast.

You leaned closer to him, grabbing his hand, running your thumb over his knuckles. "Cmon baby, open those pretty eyes for me." You had coaxed once again, though like every other time, you had received no answer.

Alby had come back with the blankets and had left you alone to sleep, you had tried not to, but exhaustion had won and you had faded into black.

A few hours had passed, and the feeling of a cold hand began ruffling your hair. You opened your eyes slowly, wanting to know what disturbed you from your sleep. When your [E/c] eyes met with deep brown, instantly widening at the sight of his now awake lover.

He leaped forwards, wrapping his arms around the boy, tears beginning to slip past his eyes as he gets a little overwhelmed by all his feelings.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, I'm here." Newt cooed, rubbing the other boy's back as he cried into his shoulder.

"I thought you weren't going to wake up, I was so worried..." You mumbled into his shoulder, being careful of his leg, you climbed onto the bed next to him, letting him hold you in his arms.

"How have your runs been? Lonely without me?" He teased a little once you had calmed down, though he noted how there was no amusement in your features.

"I haven't left your side.... I couldn't." You mumbled once again, staring at him as he looked about ready to reprimand you, though after meeting your eyes once again, his face softened. He knew that there was no point in arguing about it. That you wouldn't leave his side for anything. He just smiled, kissing your forehead and snuggling up to you.

It wasn't long before you had fallen back asleep, cuddled against him. He sighed out, looking to his broken leg... he had heard everything that was said while he was unconscious. Tears pooled in his own eyes, slipping down his cheeks as he thought back to all the memories the two of you shared whilst out in the maze. All the work he had put in to helping find an exit. All for nothing now, his leg was going to be useless.

--

Years had passed since that dreaded accident. [Y/n] had continued being a runner, taking second in command behind Minho. Newt had managed to become head of the garden crew, he actually had quite an ability for it, so he didn't mind the change as much as he thought... he just worried about his boy out in the maze all day.

The new months green bean had arrived and Newt had been asked to show him around. So now they sat, at the monthly bonfire, talking about jobs and such, drinking the concoction that Gally had made. The no-name boy kept asking about the runners, and the pair had looked over to the partying runners as they spoke.

After a mini speech about how it was unlikely the new boy was going to become a runner, the pair looked back over to the some-what celebrities. Only Newt noticed that a certain [H/c] haired male was gone.

"Boo!"

The pair jumped as the runner appeared behind them.

"What the hell man!" The new boy exclaimed, scowling at the boy. Though his brows raised in suprise when he was completely ignored and the runner instead kissed his tour guide.

"Jesus christ [Y/n], you didn't have to scare me like that!" The British boy chuckled, watching as the boy sat down beside him. Newt grabbed his hand, passing the hard hitting drink over to him, he noticed the green beans look as he got up to leave the two alone. "Busy day?"

"The usual." The male grimaced as he swallowed the drink, leaning his head on Newt's shoulder. He placed a cheeky kiss on the blonde's neck, smiling at the whining sound he recieved. "I miss our little detours in the maze... even having to run back to the doors with the most painful woody." He sighed as he lent into his love, reminiscing of the times they got to actually be alone together.

"We could always find a quiet corner somewhere?" Newt smiled, placing an arm around the affectionate boy. Newt's smile only widened as he remembered all the less-than-appropriate things the two would do when they ran together. "Or you could just start sleeping in my room, could actually make space for the greenie."

"Might take you up on that, darling." [Y/n] smiled to the boy, leaning into him more and placing a passionate kiss on the boy's soft lips. The look on the British boy's face was pure bliss as he gazed down at the other, and [Y/n] couldn't contain the overwhelming feeling of love that exploded in his chest.