chapter 2: the idea

Start from the beginning

"I wasn't hungry so I decided to go to the library to study. What are you doing here?", Zach replied.

"I had soccer practice but coach let us off early today", Eben grinned, "we have 15 more minutes till 6th period starts, let's go outside!"

The two sat under a tree and Eben pulled out some sandwiches he had in his bag for them to share.

Eben had always been like a big brother to Zach. They had been best friends since kindergarten and despite Eben being one year older than Zach, they both still remained fast friends all the way till high school.

Zach is a really shy person. He rarely talked much to other people but if he's comfortable around you, God this kid never shuts up.

Eben was his only friend when he first entered high school but it was difficult for them to be together most of the time as their timetables were different but Zach eventually made some friends. He got along well with Corbyn Besson, who had introduced him to his group of friends, Daniel, Jonah and Jack. They were all nice people and always welcomed him into their group.

"On a scale of 1 to 10, would you date Shawn?", Eben pipped up.

"5, he doesn't seem like my type" Zach replied.

Eben was bi while Zach was gay. They would often ask questions like these to each other but neither of them would mind because they trust each other a lot.

"Really? What's your type then?"

"Erm I like sweet guys. Guys that can make me laugh and treat me well. Bonus points if they have curls"

"Well, that guy sounds familiar. Are you describing ehem Jack Avery?" Eben smirked.

Zach could feel himself turning pink. "What about you? What's your type?", He asked Eben, desperately hoping to switch the topic.

"Don't try to change the topic, Herron. On a scale of 1 to 10, would you date Jack?"

"7"

"Don't lie to me, Herron. I know you"

"Fine, 10!", Zach admitted as Eben gave a shriek of delight.

"You never told me you had a crush on Jack!",Eben exclaimed.

"I didn't think it was a crush at first. I thought I only liked him as a friend but turns out, I was wrong", Zach said shyly.

"Well, you two would look good together", Eben laughed as Zach shoved him playfully.

They continued talking until they heard the bell ring.

As they went back into the school, they passed by Jonah on their way to their lockers. Jonah was in such a hurry, he did not notice the two boys as he ran past them.

"That's your friend Jonah, isn't it?" Eben asked.

Zach nodded.

"He signed up for soccer tryouts yesterday and he got in the team", Eben said matter of factly.

"Really?" Zach replied and made a mental note to congratulate Jonah the next time he saw him.

"He's kinda cute though," Eben whispered, "10/10 would date"

"Ask him out then", Zach laughed as he nudged Eben.

"I will", Eben replied confidently, "see you Herron!"

"Bye Franckewitz!" Zach called out.

Zach quicken his pace to his maths class. He didn't really like maths but he had Jack in that class and it made maths bearable.

They never really spoke a lot but Zach liked looking at Jack. He would stare at his curls and beautiful brown eyes all day if he could.

As Zach made his way to his class, he had no idea the surprise he would get later on.

♡♡♡

Not many people talk about Zach and Eben's friendship and that low-key makes me sad because I think their friendship is so wholesome and adorable and iltsm -🕊🌿🌫