A DRAGON IN WOLFS CLOTHING

Start from the beginning

"He'll be fine Loras," Jaime said turning to his squire who looked as agitated as he felt.

"I should have been with him my lord." the boy said dejectedly.

"Really, did you know the king was going to order him to court?" Jaime said looking at him.

"Of course not my lord."

"Then how were you to know that he may need you with him Loras. I know he's your friend and you both want to protect each other, but you can't be with each other every minute of the day, all you can do is be there for each other when you can." Jaime said and Loras looked up at him before nodding.

"Jon will be fine my lord." Loras then said determinedly.

"Aye lad he will." Jaime reached out to ruffle the boy's hair, getting a forced laugh in return.

It took them a few moments to make it to the Red Keep and they were then escorted through the halls by a rather large number of guards, Jaime knew his appearance at the head of a dozen guards would provoke a reaction and he was glad of it. Let them know just how valued Jon was to the Warden of the West, it would stop them doing something like this again without thinking through the consequences. When they reached the main door they were asked to disarm, instead though Jaime refused and told his men to wait outside unless they were called, his actions getting a furious reaction from the captain of the guards.

"Loras hand Arlan your sword, you'll come in with me, the rest of you wait here unless I call for you."

"My lord surely you're not suggesting." the captain said.

"I suggest nothing, but unlike you, I've seen what happens when a Lord Paramount gives up his weapons to a king." Jaime said angrily "I Ser shall not make the same mistake Lord Rickard did." he pushed past the guard and entered the throne room.

He was stunned to see how full it was, either something was happening here already or word had spread very quickly. Jon was standing in front of the throne, Edmure Tully beside him and Jaime had to resist the urge to draw his sword and carve himself some trout. Cersei sat beside the king and the look on her face when she saw him made him want to gut her too, she was behind this he now knew.

He had received two notes from her at the feast last night, both of which he refused to even accept, as the night went on her seductive look had changed into a glowering one. He kicked himself now for not realizing she would try and get back at him through Jon just as she did before, this time though being more clever about it. As he looked at her he knew though if anything happened to hurt even a hair on Jon's head, he'd follow through on his threat to her.

Lord Arryn was standing to the side of the king and he looked at him smugly, the old falcon obviously trying to send Jaime a message, oh how he'd take pleasure in clipping his wings once and for all he thought. To the left of the king stood Ser Barristan and Ser Arys, Jaime was pleased to see his brother here and the nod he got from him reassured him somewhat.

Jon looked calm and composed and despite Jaime's nervousness he felt a large amount of pride looking at his king, most boys would quiver and shake being called before the throne. But Jon was made of sterner stuff and Jaime felt sorry for the floppy fish beside him, given the looks Jon was giving Tully, there would be fish on the menu soon.

"Lord Jaime, glad you could join us." Jon Arryn said and Jaime composed himself slightly before speaking.

"Your grace, your grace." he nodded to the false king and queen "What is the meaning of this, why has my squire been summoned here and why was I not notified," Jaime said loudly.