1.1

1.1~
•kylie's pov•

two days until i go home. shawn finally stopped texting me and calling me, but i missed him. i had nothing to do today since my family went to a family party.

i sighed decided to get out of bed and do something with my life. i took a shower and dressed in pink short shorts and a white crop top. i threw on some white flip flops, and put my hair in a high bun. after that i put on some makeup.

i picked up my phone and called aaron.

aaron- hello?

kylie- hey!

aaron- you called?

kylie- are you still mad at me?

aaron- maybe.

kylie- i'm sorry! i didn't mean it, just got mad.

aaron- ky i was kidding, but shawn is really pissed about you not texting him.

kylie- i should probably talk to him eh?

aaron- that would be smart to do.

kylie- you're always right. what are you guys doing today?

aaron- cam and nash just went to get breakfast, i think we are going to the lake house later.

kylie- lake house?

aaron- shawn's lake house.

kylie- oh.

aaron- ky? you wanna come?

kylie- i guess.

aaron- did something happen at the lake house that we need to know about?

kylie- no umm nothing. i'll meet you guys there at noon?

aaron- ky what happened?

kylie- i can't talk about it right now aaron. i'll see you at noon.

i hung up.

(flashback)

"let's go on the dock!" shawn said.
"okay," i replied.
we walked down the hill hand in hand. we were 14 at the time in year 8. we got to the dock and he helped me up the bump. i smiled at him and he smiled back.
"we should go fishing," shawn said.
"okay. i'll go and grab the fishing stuff," he said running back up the hill.

i walked to the end of the pier and looked into the water, little fish were dancing in the water. i smiled and leaned over, getting a better look. i stepped up and bam! the board broke under my feet and i plugged into the water.

i couldn't swim i was always afraid of the water. i always imagined something pulling you under, drowning you. i struggled trying to get to the surface, i couldn't get there, i was helpless.

i heard a slash next to me as i touched the bottom of the six foot water. someone's arms hooked around my waist and pulled me up. when we hit surface i looked over and saw shawn.

"ky. are you okay?" he asked, worry written all over his face.
"i am now," i told him.
he held onto me and carefully started swimming to shore.
"thanks shawn for everything. being my best friend included," i whispered.
"i'll always protect you ky. i've got you, don't worry. i love you. i really freaking love you." he said.
he leaned in and kissed me. shawn mendes was my first kiss.

(end of flashback)

i walked down the stairs and finally realized, i couldn't drive and no one was home to drive me.
"crap," i mumbled to myself.

to: aaron
i can't drive, i have no car.

from: aaron
wow, you're smart. be there in 5.

to: aaron
love u!!

after 5 minutes like aaron said, nash pulled up. he wasn't alone though. aaron, cameron, and shawn were in the car too.

i grabbed my bag and sighed walking to the car. cameron opened the door for me and smiled. shawn sat in the back in the middle, so i was forced to sit by him. aaron sat in front and cameron sat next to shawn on the other side.

the boys talked the whole ride to the lake house, while shawn and i didn't say a word. once we arrived we all pilled out stretched our legs.

"lets go fishing," nash said.
"fishin' felix?" cam joked.
nash laughed and started down the hill. shawn grabbed the fishing stuff and followed nash.

"why'd you come?" cam asked me.
"i have to tell him," i whispered.
"that you're leaving in two days?" cam asked.
"that too," i said.
"what else?" he asked unpacking his bags.
"that i love him," i whispered, "but we can't be together."

i looked down and he just nodded. we were the last ones, so we started down the hill towards the pier. once we were down there, aaron pulled me aside.

"what happened here that you didn't want to talk about it?" he asked.
"it's a long story," i told him. 
he gave a look and i sighed.
"shawn and i kissed for the first time here," i said.

he nodded smirking. i pushed him playfully into the water. he laughed and got back up.

"oh i'll so get you for that!" he yelled.
i just laughed and walked down the pier. i sat beside nash and put my arm around him. he did the same.
"hey," he said.
"hey," i said.

"what's been going on with you lately?" he asked.
"i've been distracted," i told him truthfully.
"about leaving?" he asked.
"that too," i whispered.
"you know, i don't think you know how much you mean to us guys," nash told me.
"huh," i asked looking up at him.
"you mean like the whole world to us," he said.
"i didn't know that," i admitted.
"we really love you kylie, when you leave i'll cry." he said.

i hugged him for a good amount of time. i stood up to walk down the pier, when i felt someone running down the pier. i looked back and saw aaron running my way, he had a giant smirk on his face.
he came up and pushed me off the pier. i went to scream, but it was too late. i was in the water and i was drowned just like before.

•shawn's pov•

i watched as she fell into the water, with fear written on her face. the guys were laughing.

"aaron you idiot! she doesn't know how to swim and she's scared of the water!" i screamed.
asron looked into the water and back at me. i took off my shirt and jumped in after her.

•kylie's pov•

i watched the water swirl as it pushed me under. i was struggling. my eyes were wide open from fear, my mouth was open trying to scream for help, but my body was motionless.

i thought about all the times and years shawn spent with me. if I don't tell him love him, he'll leave me for someone else. he'll leave me for someone prettier, cuter, more talented.

i kept thinking of endless things until i heard a splash enter the water, and felt familiar arms around me. shawn.

he pulled me up and I coughed up water.
"you okay?" he asked.
i continued coughing but nodded.
he held on to me like a baby and didn't swim back to the pier.
"what are you doing?" i asked.
"why are you ignoring me ky?" he asked.
the way he held me so securely and close, made me forget that i almost drowned all over again.

my head looked down and i bit my lip like i did when I was nervous.
"it's so hard to tell you shawn," i said.
"what is?" he asked.
"that i love you so much, but it's just so hard to be together." i told him.
"but we can work it out. we love each other and we can write and facetime all year." he smiled.

"we've tried this before shawn, it's not gonna work out." i whispered.
"it will this time." he smiled, "we still have a month together anyway."
"that's the problem," i whispered.
"what?" he asked.

"i leave in two days."