0.3

0.3~
•kylie's pov•

the 10 digit number that could change my life, sat a few feet away from me.

for a while, i just stared at the number i had typed in, not daring to press the call button.

i wanted to talk to him. i needed answers, closure even to why we ended the way we did.

i opened up imessage and typed a quick message.

to: shawn
hey, it's grace. we met at the airport today?

my finger shook as it hovered over the send button. i counted to 3 and pushed send. i watched as the little letters under the text said 'delivered.'

i clicked my phone off and placed it on the dresser again. I looked at the digital clock next to me and sighed seeing it was only 6:34 p.m.

"kylie, dinner!" i heard aunt josie call.

___

after dinner i walked up the stairs slowly thinking about my text.

was it to straight forward? does he even care? well of course he cares he gave you his number!

my thoughts were interrupted by a 'ding!'

I dove for my phone and quickly unlocked it.
it was him.

from: shawn
hey! i've been waiting all night for you to text! maybe we can hang out sometime, i would really like to get to know you better!

to: shawn
trust me you know everything about me and I know everything about you!

i quickly deleted that and typed,
i would love that, maybe tomorrow? noon?

from: shawn
sounds good! text me your address in the morning, i'll pick you up at noon, we can hang with the rest of the guys. is that okay?

to: shawn
sounds perfect.

from: shawn
awesome! see you tomorrow beautiful!

i put my phone down and sighed. shawn called me beautiful. why did I send that text?

i cursed aloud as i realized how stupid i was. i'd either end up making a fool out of myself, or fall for shawn all over again.

i swear kylie, you don't think things through at all sometimes.

what have you done?