0.0

0.0~

3rd person pov:

kylie grace walker born august 10th, 1998 was two days old today.

she looked at the people standing around her. they were making crazy faces at her trying to make her laugh, it was a little scary.

her eyes hurt and she just wanted to sleep, but a loud boom caused her to jump.

her eyes shifted to the women at the door, that was the first time she saw the boy that would take her breath away someday.

~one year later~

shawn and kylie were two peas in a pod. their mothers talked about how perfect the two already played together.

they were perfect for each other.

~two years later~

kylie's belly did flips as she walked up to the door of her classroom. her first day of preschool had come, and she wished her mother could come with her.

"darling you'll be wonderful, i promise i'll be back in two hours to get you." her mother said kissing her on the head.

she walked into the room and sat a table next to a girl with dark hair and bright eyes.

"i'm lauren, wanna color with me?" she asked.

kylie smiled at her new friend and took the purple crayon.

~five years old~

"give it back shawn, purple is our favorite color!" kylie screamed as shawn ran around the table.

"you and laur are being jerks!" he shouted.

kylie stopped as she heard that word.

"shawn said a bad word!" lauren shouted.

"you deserved it, i want to play with you guys and all you want to do is color." he said.

"we like coloring." laur said.

"well kylie is my best friend, so she should play with me." shawn said crossing his arms.

"we're all best friends." kylie good the stubborn boy.

"all i want is you kylie." he said.

that wouldn't be the last time he would say those words.

~eleven years old~

shawn put his guitar down as he finished his song.

"you're getting good." kylie told him with a smile on her face.

"yeah, i practice everyday." he said.

kylie looked down, everything had become so awkward these days between them. she kept her feelings hidden from the boy she loved, fearing it would ruin everything. she was scared of the word love, she didn't really know the meaning of it.

besides her and shawn were best friends, that's all the would ever be.

~fourteen years old~

"i hate you!" kylie yelled at shawn.

"i hate you more!" he yelled back.

"why is it my fault that francesca broke up with you?" she asked with tears in her eyes.

"she thinks we're together! why would I ever want to date you?" he screamed.

kylie's heart shattered to pieces on her bedroom floor. how could he say such a thing?

"well go on, why didn't you just tell her we weren't together?" he asked her, desperate for answers.

"i was jealous." she finally said after a moment.

"you-you like me?" he asked with a stutter, not meeting her eyes.

she nodded slowly.
____
~four weeks later~

"i'll always protect you ky. i got you, don't worry. i'm not going anywhere. i really really freaking love you." he said to the girl who envied him.

the moving boxes around them seemed to block out the rest of the world, but where kylie was going, it was around the world.

shawn's hand brushed over the australia address and sighed looking to his best friend.

"i wish you didn't have to go." he whispered as his hand found hers.

her heart skipped a beat as he leaned in and pushed his lips to hers. it was only for a second, but she would always remember that moment.

but if only that moment could have lasted forever.