0.2

0.2~
•kylie's pov•

as the plane took off, my mind drifted to who i would see when i got back.

gabbie said she'd be waiting for me with aunt josie, she was my only friend that kept in touch all these years.

my mind drifted to laur and how i wished things would have ended differently for us, but in the end it wasn't my fault.

i tried to block out his brown eyes as my mind tried to make me remember him. i mentally cursed and wanted to bang my head on the window to stop it from thinking of him.

the same question i had asked myself for years came back to haunt me.

"would it have been different if i never moved?"

i felt my eyes become teary as i tried forgetting about the day i last saw him.
___

(flashback)

"i don't want you to go." he said as he walked me to my gate.

"i wish i didn't have to." i told him.

he took my hand in his and looked up at me with sad eyes.

"i love you kylie. i wish it could be different, that we could be together." he said.

"why couldn't we try distance?" i asked in a whisper.

he looked up at me confused.

"you're going to australia kylie. without me. how could we make it work from a million miles away?" he asked.

i shrugged my shoulders and looked down at my feet. my mother's voice called out for me to board.

"i have to go." i told shawn.

"i love you." he said again.

my mind yelled at me to say it back, but my lips stayed shut.

"aren't you gonna say you love me?" he asked with hopeful eyes.

he was right though, how could i have been so foolish to think it could have worked with us. i was moving across the world. how stupid was i.

"i have to go." i finally managed to say.

he looked at me and let out a laugh.

"you make me feel pathetic kylie. saying those words, you make them feel empty." he said letting go of my hand.

i took a step away from him as a tear ran down my face.

"well then, take those three empty words and tell them to the next girl you claim to love." i said meeting his eyes with tears in mine.

(end of flashback)

___

we didn't talk, text, or write the 6 years i was in australia. i held the phone many times in my hand with his number dialed, but could never bring myself to press call.

i wanted to hear his voice, even if it meant i couldn't have him. i needed him in my life.

but as the years went on and i didn't hear from him, i thought he didn't want me like i wanted him.

so i slowly pushed him out of my mind, but he always found a way to creep in occasionally with his face online everywhere these days.

i wanted to forget about him or maybe just pretend we never were friends and nothing ever happened between us.