0.1

0.1~

•present day• kylie's pov•

i mentally sighed at my parents as they tried to lecture me on flying alone. i pretended to listen as my mind drifted to canada. home.

i wondered if it was still the same all these years later. my mind tuned back in as i heard my dad getting annoyed at me.

"kylie are you even listening to us?" he said.

my green eyes met his brown ones in the car mirror as he gave me a stern look.

"i'm going to be just fine! i'm almost eighteen years old, i think i can fly on a plane without you two." i said.

"kylie, it's not that we don't trust you. it's just a long flight and you need to be prepared." my mother spoke in her calming voice.

"aunt josie is gonna meet me at the airport in toronto, and i'll call you as soon as i have service okay?" i told them trying to reassure them i'd be fine.

they both nodded and i smiled at my parents. i knew they were happy for me finally going back to visit. i needed to be around people, new people that is.

my parents were successful home designers, who were always at the studio. being their only child, it got lonely at times.

after a while, the car stopped and my parents turned from the front seat of the car to look at me.

"we love you so much, be safe and have fun. we'll miss you." my mom said as i got out of the car.

my dad opened the truck to give me my suitcase and kissed my head.

"have fun kiddo, we'll be here to pick you up in 5 weeks." he said.

i waved goodbye as i walked into the sydney airport, ready to go home.