0.9

0.9~
•kylie's pov•

"we tried everything, i'm so sorry." the doctor said.
cameron smashed his fist against the wall. the others didn't know what to do so they cried, i just stood there. shawn was gone and he was never coming back.

"dammit shawn!" i yelled.
his lifeless body was laying there like nothing haunting me. i wanted him to wake up and say something, anything.
"wake up shawn!" i yelled.

i sat up really fast and realized i was sweating. i looked around my room and realized it was just a dream.

"it was just a stroke, he is going to be just fine." the doctor told us that day.

a month later and he still didn't wake up. i visited him everyday, talking to him trying to wake him up. i imagined walking in one day and him smiling at me, but it hasn't happened.

everyday it was the same motionless shawn. every freaking day.

cameron and i started hanging out more, then the others started to join and we all became really close. they told me about themselves and we have just been friends since then. magcon was screwed without shawn, and the boys said it wasn't the same without nash, cam, hayes and shawn, so they stopped.

the fans were disappointed but they were also thrilled the guys would be touring more then ever before. mahogany, willie, jacob, and jake drifted away and we haven't really talked for a while. mahogany and i talked every now and then but it was about shawn's health. the summer went by fast, and there was now only two weeks until i had to go back home.

after the accident my mom came in and helped out the mendes family. she went back about a week ago and wanted to take me with her, but i refused.

i looked up at the ceiling i had been staring at for weeks now and then at the clock. 2:36 am. i sighed and sat up, i can't sleep. i went on twitter and decided to stalk shawn again.

he hasn't tweeted in five weeks, and fans were getting worried. management said he was dealing with health issues, but didn't release the real reason.

i scrolled down and looked back at his tweets from months ago. finally my eyes caught one and i stopped. he tweeted it the day i saw him at the airport.

@shawnmendes
"went a whole #880dayswithoutmybestfriend finally got to see her today! :)"

"oh my god." i said aloud.

shawn actually didn't forget me. cameron wasn't lying.

"can't sleep?" someone asked.
my head whipped to the corner to the voice. quinn.
"sorry i didn't mean to scare you." she laughed.
"what are you doing in here?" i asked her.
"i knew you wouldn't be able to sleep, thinking about shawn eh?" she asked.

i nodded. she came over and sat on the edge of the bed.
"you feel guilty, i can see it in your eyes." she whispered.
"i feel guilty for everything quinn. i'm the reason he's in a coma, while i'm here sleeping and then just getting up in the morning, he can't! he stays like like for days, weeks, months!" i whisper yelled.

"it's not your fault." she whispers.
"you weren't there." i tell her.
"you were though kylie, you're the one who he spoke to last. ky you guys are best friends, he didn't forget about you, listen to the boys." she told me.
"i saw the tweet from the day i came here," i told her.
"i know i saw it when we were driving home from the airport." she smiled.

"why didn't you tell me?" i whisper yelled.
"you had to find out for yourself." she smirked.
"you suck quinn!" i told her with a small grin.
"trust me, he'll wake up soon." she said giving me a small smile.

my phone vibrated from the bedside table. we both looked at each other.

it was cameron.

"cameron." i answered, "why are you calling me at 2 in the morning?" I asked slightly scared.
"i guess you don't want to see shawn." he laughed.
"what?" i asked.
"he's awake." he said.

i dropped my phone.
"he's awake." i whispered.

my aunt let me take her car even though i was shaking. i drove to the hospital as my heart was beating out of my chest. as i walked through the hospital, the spell and the memories came flooding back. i stood outside his door and froze.

'this is it ky.' i told myself.
"this is it." i whispered.
i pushed the hair out of my face and opened the door. the curtain separating the door and his room was closed. i stopped when i heard my name.

"what about kylie?" shawn asked.
"did you forget about her shawn?" aaliyah asked.
"how could i forget my best friend?" shawn asked.
"what about grace?" cameron asked.
"what about her?" shawn laughed.
i missed his laugh.

"don't her and kylie look alike?" cameron asked.
"maybe that's because kylie and grace are the same person." shawn told them.
"so you did know." cameron asked.
"of course i did, cam. how can I forget about kylie?" he asked.

"did you love her?" aaliyah asked.
"i still do, i never stopped." he said.
i could feel him smiling.

"you know, she thought you forgot about her." karen told shawn.
"i know, i should have just said her name at the airport, i was so stupid." he said.
"you're not stupid." cameron said.
"she doesn't even love me, she never did." he said.
the sadness in his voice make me break.

"she never stopped." I whispered.
"kylie." shawn breathed.

"don't kylie me, you called me grace for two months. you can't just go back to kylie," i told him heartbroken.
i wanted to hug him, but the anger in me was coming out. he looked down and frowned. i closed my eyes and opened them again, everyone was still looking at me.

"could you maybe give us a minute?" shawn asked.
i stared at my feet as everyone left the room, shutting the door behind them.

"why are you standing all the way over there ky?" shawn asked.
"you want me to come closer?" i asked shocked.
"well yeah." he said.
i moved a bit closer and then stopped again.
"really?" he asked.
"really." i said still looking down.

shawn carefully got out of bed and walked over to me. he was wearing jeans and a blue baseball tee.
"if you come any closer i might smack you," i warned him.
"i'll take that risk," he whispered.

he hugged me really tight and held onto me. i hugged him back and started to cry.

"dammit shawn, i thought you were fucking dead!" i yelled at him.
"i know i'm sorry." he told me.

i pushed him back and smacked him on the chest.
"why were you driving anyway!" i yelled again.
"why are you screaming?" he asked.
"because I'm mad at you." i told him.
"come on kylie-" he started.

oh no, here it all comes...

"don't come on kylie me, you made me cry shawn, i wanted to hurt you the way you hurt me, but i kept it all inside because you're just a fucking dick. i wish i would have-"

he kissed me. i was stunned. when he pulled away he rested his forehead on mine.

"this is one moment in our lives where i need you to shut up." he said smiling.

i would have kept talking, but his smile took my breath away.