"He is a future king. People expect so much of him. He's under a lot of pressure," Gaius defended him. 

"Ah! That makes two of us," Merlin said

~~

"Is it my imagination, or are you beginning to enjoy yourself?" Eowyn said as she walked to stood next to her brother with Gaius, near the entrance of the arena. It was the second day of the tournament. The day before, Eowyn stayed at the medical tent with Gaius to treat the wounded knights. She didn't assist on the first day, she thought that learning by observing an expert of science on the field was better. The more she saw Gaius working, the more she wanted to be like him, to be a physician too. Eowyn knew that being a woman would be a handicap but she didn't care. She wanted to help people and she will prove to everyone that woman too can be a doctor and physician. But today, she wanted to see the tournament. It was the first time she assisted to one, she didn't want to miss that. She had heard by her brother that one of the knights, Sir Valiant was very strong and skilled. A good rival to Prince Arthur that was the champion.

"It..." Merlin began before sighing. It cost him a lot to admit it. "It isn't totally horrible all the time," he said, trying to not make it look like enjoyed it too much which make Eowyn chuckled.

It was now Arthur's turn to fight. He and his opponent entered the field and soon, the fight began. Everyone was cheering for their Prince, even Merlin which amused Eowyn a lot since he always complained about his master. But eventually, Eowyn, too, found herself cheering for Arthur. After all, he was their Prince and he was fighting holding Camelot's colours, she found it normal to support him. The heir of the throne won, and it was now the turn to the infamous Sir Valiant. She was curious to see him fight, to see his fight style. Arthur was very skilled, he had the technique but it was also natural for him. But as the fight went on, Eowyn noticed that Sir Valiant was quite violent and brutal. He was frontal, attacking and attacking. He knocked down Sir Ewan, his opponent, and pinned him to the ground with his shield. Sir Valiant hit Sir Ewan and stood up as the crowned was cheering for him. Eowyn was expecting to see Sir Ewan standing up, or at least moving, but he stayed on the floor.

"Eowyn," Gaius said as he entered the arena.

"Yes," she said, quickly following him. She kneeled down the knight and immediately check his pulse by putting her finger on his neck. When she felt his heartbeat, she was immediately more relaxed. Soon after, he started to move and groan. Guards came to put him on a litter and carried him to the physician's chambers. There they put him on a bed as Gaius started to examine Sir Ewan. Eowyn was observing him. When she check Sir Ewan's pulse, it was slow. Now he was starting to have a fever and couldn't move. From what she had read, it was the symptoms an empoisonment.

"What do you deduct?" Gaius asked his apprentice. He obviously already know the answer but wanted to test Eowyn on a real patient.

"He had all the symptoms of an empoisonment," she said. "But how could it be possible? He was perfectly fine at the beginning of the fight. When did it happen?"

"It is what I wonder too," Gaius said. "It could have been administrated before the fight, but the symptoms would have been visible during the fight," Sir Ewan groaned of pain and turned his head. That was when Eowyn noticed it. The two small wounds on his neck. She came closer to have a better look.

"Look, Gaius," she said. The physician stood up, walked around the bed to stand next to Eowyn. "Snake's bite,"

"But there were no snakes in the arena," Gaius said, confused. If there were one, everyone would have seen it.

After a few hours, Merlin finally came back from his duties. He immediately made his way toward Eowyn and Gaius who were near the poisoned Sir Ewan.