"Chapter 16: Y/N, the unpredictable swordsman"

Alice POV

"Hello Bercouli..." I walked inside the bathhouse with the other right behind me.

"Did you got yourself some new friends?" he asked me, being very relaxed.

"More like... Reunion with old friends...but I didn't came here to chat..." I maintained my composure.
"You know surely why we are here."

"Well, I didn't thinked the day will come where I have to fight you little Alice." he got his sword out.

"I don't wana do this Bercouli-san..." i pulled my sword out as well, staying in my battlestance.

"Oh? Are you gona fight me alone?" he looked over to Y/N and the others.

"... Yes... If I have to beat you so we get to the administrator, then I am willing to do so." knowing about the Time Piercing sword, i had to be careful.

I went for the first move, sonic leaping towards Bercouli. My blade clashed with his.

He fended of my attack with pretty ease. I expected that much from him, there is no way that I can fight him like this at the moment... But I won't give up yet.

I continued my fierce strikes of attacks. He slowly puts more effort into defending and even tried to counter attack me. The clashes made the whole water around us shake.

"I guess... I don't have a choice" he  prepared his trump card. But before Bercouli could even activate it, the whole bath turned into ice field.

The ice freezing Bercouli's body which caught him off guard. "I am deeply sorry to intervene in this fight but we can't waist any more time... Please understand." Eugeo looked towards me with a serious yet sadden look. "I will hold him off for a little bit, go ahead first. I come along afterwards."

"I understand, let's go. I am sorry Bercouli..." I walked past him. He let's out a chuckle as i back to him. "Don't worry, you and Edith have broken free from the seal huh? I don't have a reason to really doubt the decision you both make. Go ahead."

I smiled and head forward with a small tear shedding from my eyes. "Thank you"

We arrived at the top of the church where the administrator was already waiting for us. "So you all made it up here. I am impressed but you won't be able to defeat me."

She grinned at us and told us her true plan as a giant sword Golem appears infront of us. She explains that the source of all the divine swords that make up the Golem are from converted human units in the human empire and the source of its life is the Piety module.

Her plan to combat the Dark Territory is to create more Sword Golems from roughly half of the human empire's population.

"This is not the way to defeat the dark territory, there has to be a better way." I tried to argue but it was no use.

Chudelkin then appeard next to the administrator. "My eminence, shall I deal with those pest~" "Do as you like"

As she gave him the ok, Chudelkin immediately performs powerful sacred arts.

We avoided and dodged the attacks. As Y/N shouted to us. "I take him alone with Yuuki, you guys get Administrator! Let's go Yuuki!" "Alright"

The two launched themself towards Chudelkin to separate him with the administrator.

We took this opportunity which Y/N and Yuuki gave us to fight her head on. "Hmpf guess I have to do the work myself..." Quinella summoned her sword but has the golem going after us.