King's Cross Station

***

***

12 Years Later

Lexi was sleeping peacefully and soundlessly in her bed, but her dream was interrupted by loud noises coming from downstairs. She tried to ignore them and go back to sleep, but she could now hear rushed footsteps nearing the bedroom, and the next moment, someone burst through the door.

    "MUM! WAKE UP!"

    "WAKE UP, MUM! IT'S CHRISTMAS!"

    Lexi didn't even get the chance to open her eyes that she felt her two girls jump on the bed, shaking her awake.

     "Okay... I'm up, I'm up," Lexi said through a yawn, blinking a few times as she tried to sit up straight on the bed.

    Finally looking around her, Lexi found her eleven-year-old daughters sitting before her on the bed and staring back at her with excitement visible in both their eyes.

     "Merry Christmas, you two," Lexi said with a smile, though her eyes were still only half open.

    She then glanced sideways at the empty space beside her on the bed, her eyebrows furrowing lightly.

    "Where's your dad?" Lexi questioned, holding back the urge to yawn again.

    "Downstairs, making breakfast," Alex answered, smiling broadly as she placed a strand of her own dark brown hair behind her ear. She had inherited her father's hazel-green eyes, bearing the same mischievous glimmer.

     "Oh... well, I could've gotten up and made something for you myself," said Lexi kindly.

    Although at those words, she saw her two daughters glance at each other sideways, holding back a snort of laughter.

    Lexi frowned, pointing a finger at them. "Hey, I can cook too!"

    "We didn't say anything!" Scarlett threw her hands up defensively, though her grin had widened.

    Lexi shook her head at the red-haired girl playfully, before getting out of bed. She was just about to make her way toward the bathroom, but halfway through another yawn, Alex and Scarlett leaped forward and each grabbed one of her hands, dragging their mother out of the bedroom.

     "Wait a minute! I need use the bathroom!" Lexi tried to protest, but the two girls were already dragging her downstairs.

    "But it's present time now!" Alex exclaimed happily, running down the stairs along with her mother and twin sister.

    Alex and Scarlett had started their first year at Hogwarts a few months ago, and now they were back home for Christmas break.

Even though Alex was sorted into Slytherin and Scarlett into Gryffindor, they both got along pretty well and still spent most of their time together at Hogwarts.