Chapter 77

The morning of our first exam, Theory of Charms, was a disaster as everyone was stressed out, trying to take last-minute looks at their notes.

     But when I sat down in the Great Hall and looked down at my exam papers, I smiled to myself and quickly started scribbling down.

      After the exam, everyone made their way through the grounds for a bit of sunlight so they could relax before the practical Charms exam.

     But just an hour before the start of it, looking around to make sure no one was following me, I started to go towards the statue of the one-eyed witch, where I had been instructed to go.

     When I reached it, I gave the hump a knock just like how McGonagall had later on told me and on cue, the hump opened, revealing a secret passageway.

      But before I could say or do anything, someone took a hold of me and pulled me inside.

     "Wotcher, Lexi!"

     Looking up, I saw Tonks in front of me with her pink and short hair, standing there in Gryffindor robes, exactly my size.

     "Hey, there," I smiled at her, bringing her into a hug. "So you're going to turn into me! I thought someone was going to take a Polyjuice Potion or something."

     "Nah, that would've been way too hard," she shook a hand with a grin. "Besides, I loved to volunteer for this job! It's so fun! Coming here brings back good memories, you know."

     "Great," I smiled at her brightly.

     "Alright," she rubbed her hands together in glee before she closed her eyes, focused, and slowly her face started to change and turn into mine.

      "Awesome!" I exclaimed, looking at her as if it was a mirror.

      "Right, then," she grinned. "I'll be going now. I'll try to make a few small mistakes, so it wouldn't be too suspicious, but I assure you at least a few nice Exceed Expectations."

     She winked at me, making me chuckle.

     "Bye, now, Lexi," she waved at me, walking out of the witch's hump. "Stay here until I come back for you."

      And with a flick of her wand, the hump closed back up behind her and I was left alone in the passageway.

     I was there for far too long and felt myself getting bored and tempted to run along the passageway, which I knew would take me to Honeyduke's Sweetshop.

But I stopped myself from the thought and sat there, leaning against the wall and waiting for Tonks to return.

After what felt like ages, the hump started to open up once more and I immediately got to my feet.

I then saw Tonks walking in, still looking like me as she grinned to herself proudly.

"How did it go?" I asked brightly as she turned back to her own self.

"Piece of cake," she said, running her hands through her short pink hair. "I nearly snorted when they said I had to do the Cheering Charm. I thought they were joking."

"Please tell me you didn't laugh."

"Course I didn't laugh," she scoffed but then added quietly, "too loudly."

I shook my head at her with a grin. "So I'll see you tomorrow?"

"You've got transfigurations, right?"

"Yup."

     "By the way," she started rather nervously. "I could swear that Umbridge woman was looking at me weirdly through the exam. Any reason why?"

     "I-I hope not."

"Alrighty, then," Tonks clapped a hand on my back. "See you tomorrow."

And with that, she started going down through the passage, eventually disappearing out of sight.

The next day went the same way, and after that when we had Herbalogy, I went down for my first practical exam, which didn't go as bad as I thought it would.

On the afternoon of our Defense Against the Dark Arts exam, I met Tonks for the last time in the passageway.

She turned herself once again into me and left the statue, although after an hour or two when she returned, she immediately closed the hump behind her, panting.

"What's wrong?" I frowned, looking down at her nervously.

"I — had — to — dodge — Filch," she said miserably between pants. "I'm so sorry, Lexi — but I think — you better be — more careful — around him now. I think he's onto me — or you."

"It's alright," I said earnestly. "Filch's too dumb to figure anything."

"I hope you're right." She breathed heavily a few times before finally standing up straight. "Well, that's that, then. I guess I'll be seeing you over summer."

She then pulled me into a short hug and grinned at me. I watched her walk away, my heart sinking at her cheerful sight.

I gritted my teeth together. Why do all the good people have to go? To imagine her as a new mother... with Remus so close to happiness after suffering for so long...

I shook my head and walked out of the statue, its door closing magically behind me as I walked away, trying to think about anything but that.

Although soon, as I reached our dorm and walked inside, my thoughts got carried away as I saw a note laying on my bed.

Wondering who it could've been from, I hesitantly walked forward. But when I took it up and read it, I became even more confused.

There was no mention of a name. The handwriting was familiar, but I knew it belonged neither to Fred, nor Dumbledore.

There was only one sentence written on it neatly, which said,

Good luck, Lexi.