Chapter 150

After taking a quick shower and getting ready, I went downstairs to the delicious smell of bacons and toasts, only to meet everyone in the kitchen.

       "Happy birthday, Lexi!" Mrs. Weasley said enthusiastically, and before I could process what was happening around me, she quickly brought me into a warm hug.

      Ginny and Ron also came forward to give me a hug and wish me a happy birthday. But Fred stood in the distance, awkwardly avoiding my gaze.

        "Now, I've made you a special birthday cake," said Mrs. Weasley, "but you'll just have to wait till tonight so Sirius and Remus and Tonks can join us as well."

       "Thank you so much." I smiled up at her warmly.

       "So when will you be moving?" Ginny asked as we all sat around the kitchen table for breakfast.

        "Whenever." I shrugged. "I mean, it's not too hard for me to move. I only have a trunk of clothes. Wouldn't even take me five minutes to unpack, now that I'm allowed to use magic outside school."

       Soon after breakfast, Sirius showed up with a disapproving look on his face as he glanced between Fred and I.

       "Before you say anything," I started quickly the moment he opened his mouth to speak, "I want you to take into account that today's my birthday, so don't be too harsh on me."

       Sirius cracked a little smile. "I was actually going to ask if you needed any help with the moving."

        "I — oh — wow... thanks, I guess," I said, looking up at him in disbelief. "I was actually going to take my trunk up to Fred and George's now."

        "How are you going to get there?" Sirius asked. "The Floo Network's not connected."

       "I was going to Apparate, actually."

       "But you haven't given your test yet."

       "Yeah, I know." I nodded. "But I can do side-along Apparatition. I've done it along with Dumbledore once before."

       "Okay, then... should we go now?" Sirius suggested. "Fred can get your trunk, and I can help you Apparate there."

       "That would be great! Thanks!" I said and so Fred went upstairs to get my trunk as I left the house with Sirius.

        Once we were out, I took his arm and so we Apparated to Diagon Alley, arriving right in front of the twins' joke shop. Moments later, Fred appeared next to us as well with my trunk in his hand.

       "Oh hey, Snappy," said George when we walked inside, coming forward to hug me. "Happy birthday!"

       "Thanks, Georgie." I smiled, pulling away.

        "Ah, I see you're finally here to stay," he said with a grin, his glance falling upon my trunk.

        "Yup." I chuckled.

        "You sure this place is safe?" Sirius asked, looking around as we walked upstairs through their flat.

        "Of course." Fred nodded reassuringly. "Besides, if the slightest problem occurs, we'll quickly go to a safe house that's already been set for us with all the protective enchantments."

        "All right," said Sirius, clapping his hands together before turning to face Fred. "Which one is your bedroom?"

       "Er... that one," said Fred unsurely, pointing at a door across their small living room.