Chapter 140

Pansy's Ton-Tongue Toffee incident was the most interesting topic to talk about over breakfast at the Gryffindor table the next day.

       "You know what? I'm not even sorry," I said with a grin as I was sitting with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "The detention will be completely worth it."

       "Who did you get a detention with?" Ron asked, helping himself to some bacon.

       "Snape," I said bitterly. "I have to go to his office in an hour."

        "Hey, I'll be there too," said Harry. "Better than being alone with Snape."

        "Yeah." I nodded, chuckling. "What does he want us to do, anyway?"

        "Clearing out the files for Hogwarts punishment records," Harry answered grimly. "We should copy out the parts where their inks have faded or are damaged."

       "Ugh..." I groaned, banging my head on the table.

        After breakfast, Hermione went up to the library and Ron went back to the common room, meanwhile Harry and I made our way down to Snape's office.

       When Snape placed dozens of files before us with his lip curled up, I regretted being here for a second.

        But remembering Pansy's face and her tongue, I reminded myself that it was completely worth it and so I got to work, proud of myself that I was carrying on Fred and George's legacy.

       I actually saw a few familiar names in the detention records which was a matter of interest to me and slightly made my punishment more fun. Such as one record that read,

        Sirius Black and James Potter. The use of Impediment Jinx on three younger students. Double detention.

        I chuckled, moving on to the next detention form, which had slightly suffered from mice damage. But my eyes widened at the names I read on it.

Sirius Black and Jenna Potter.

I stared at it for a few seconds, just to make sure I hadn't read it wrong. Blinking a few times, I raised my head to look at Harry.

"Hey, have you seen this?" I asked quietly, handing over the piece of old paper. "It says Jenna Potter there... Could it be a distant relative or something?"

"What!?" Harry's head jerked up at that, quickly taking the paper from my grasp and looking down at it.

"Crime: public moral offense?" He read with a frown. "What's even — ugh, you know what? I really don't want to know." He put the paper away with a grimace.

"Harry, did you not see that name?" I asked, my eyes still widened. "It said Jenna Potter. Aren't you curious as to who she is?"

"Oh..." Harry paused for a few seconds, but then cleared his throat. "It's probably been miswritten. It was probably supposed to be originally 'James'."

I gaped at him. "So you're saying that Sirius and James were caught for public moral offenses?"

"Y-yes."

"Harry, do you even know what a moral offense is?"

"Er... no."

I face-palmed at that. "It means kissing in a not-so-innocent way."

His face fell. "Oh..."

"Exactly." I shook my head at him in disbelief. "So can we assume that Jenna is actually a girl, and not a misspelled way of saying 'James'?"

"Y-yes..." he said hesitantly, throwing his gaze down to rewrite another record.

"Well, don't you think this is fishy?" I asked, watching him intently. "A girl with the surname like you, at the same era as your father."

"Not really." Harry shrugged, but still avoiding my eyes. "Potter is a common surname."

"If you say so..." I muttered, narrowing my eyes at him suspiciously.

***

Next week as the final Quidditch match of the year arrived, everyone went to the stadium cheerfully. Everyone, except for Harry, who had another detention with Snape that day.

Hermione and I took our seats, watching the game excitedly and cheering the Gryffindor team on.

They were playing perfectly against Ravenclaw, and at last the sounds of loud cheers erupted the place as Ginny finally caught the Snitch.

We all ran into the pitch as they brought in the silver Quidditch Cup to the Gryffindors and we all celebrated our way back toward our common room happily along with the players for an unforgettable party.

The sound of music was loud but the sound of Gryffindors' celebrations was louder. But another roar of cheering erupted from the portrait hole as it swung open and we saw Harry walking inside.

Harry gaped as people began to scream at the sight of him and several hands pulled him into the room.

"We won!" yelled Ron, bounding into sight and brandishing the silver Cup at Harry. "We won! Four hundred and fifty to a hundred and forty! We won!"

Just then, Ginny ran toward Harry and threw her arms around him. And with that, Harry leaned forward and suddenly kissed her.

We all went quiet for a few seconds as we watched them with widened eyes, but we again clapped and cheered, and a few wolf-whistled. I felt my heart jolting with excitement at their sight when they pulled away and Hermione was beaming at them.

"Let me go and get my Weasleys' Wild-Fire Whiz-Bangs," I told Hermione, and she seemed too happy to scold and stop me. "It'll be fun to put out a few small ones."

So with my smile still happily dangling on my lips, I ran upstairs toward our dormitory.

"Where did I drop my bag..." I mumbled to myself, going for a search of it.

Just then, I suddenly stopped in my tracks as I was passing Kathrine's bed and saw her notebook laying on her nightstand.

But my eyes widened and my jaw dropped when for the first time I noticed that a name was written on the corner of the notebook's cover, saying,

J.K Rowling