Chapter 82

Turning around abruptly, we saw Lucius Malfoy behind us, smirking at Harry as he had his hand raised. "To me, Potter," said Malfoy yet again.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry said.

A witch with black hair shrieked with laughter as her and other Death Eaters closed up around is. It was Bellatrix Lestrange.

"You've got him," said Harry, ignoring their laughters. "He's here. I know he is."

"The little baby woke up fwightened and fort what it dweamed was twoo," said Bellatrix in a high mock-baby voice.

"It's time you learned the difference between life and dreams, Potter," said Malfoy. "Now give me the prophecy, or we start using wands."

"Go on, then," said Harry, raising his own wand. As he did so, the four wands of Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Luna rose on either side of him. The knot in my stomach tightened as I had no power to defend my friends with.

"Hand over the prophecy and no one needs to get hurt," said Malfoy coolly.

"Yeah, right!" he scoffed. "I give you this — prophecy, is it? And you'll just let us skip off home, will you?"

"You need more persuasion?" she said, her chest rising and falling rapidly. "Very well — take the smallest one," she ordered the Death Eaters beside her. "Let him watch while we torture the little girl. I'll do it."

Helpless as I was, I closed around Ginny along with the others, ignoring the feeling of panic inside me.

"I'll smash this is attack any of us," Harry told Bellatrix. "I don't think your boss will be too pleased if you come back without it, will he?"

She did not move; she merely stared at him, the tip of her tongue moistening her thin mouth.

"So what's this prophecy?" he asked. "How come Voldemort wants it?"

Several of the Death Eaters let out low hisses.

"You dare speak his name?" whispered Bellatrix. "You dare speak his name with your unworthy lips! STUPEF —"

"NO!"

A jet of red light had shot from the end of Bellatrix's wand, but Malfoy had deflected it. His spell caused hers to hit the shelf a foot to the left of us and several of the glass orbs there shattered.

At the diversion, Harry drew closer to us and gave us a signal and everyone held their wands now more firmly.

"So he's got you doing his dirty work for him, has he?" said Harry. "Like he tried to get Sturgis to steal it — and Bode?"

"Very good, Potter, very good..." said Malfoy slowly. "But the Dark Lord knows you are not unintell —"

"NOW!" yelled Harry.

Five different voices behind me bellowed, "STUPEFY!" The few Death Eaters blocked it and many of the shelves around started shattering down.

On cue, as the Death Eaters raised their wands, we started running towards the opposite direction, curses being thrown as we went.

I couldn't remember running so urgently in my life. I couldn't remember ever being this scared as I ran, not daring to even look behind me.

We tried door after door, trying to find the exit. Ginny stumbled and broke her ankle, but Hermione supported her up as we kept on running.

Ron got hit by a hex and started laughing unbearably that Harry had to take a hold of his hand, dragging him along.

By the next jet of light, a painful scratch was cut across my face and I felt the blood running down my cheek. But I didn't stop. I didn't care.

"THIS WAY!" Harry yelled as he opened a door and we followed through, coming across an enormous with only an empty archway inside, covered by a veil.

My heart sank as I came to a halt, staring at it.

"Lexi!" Harry shouted, taking a hold of my hand and running along, but we were too late as the Death Eaters surrounded us.

Everyone's wands were raised as they started fighting back, but I had no choice but to duck down.

Everything happened so fast and the next thing I knew, the Death Eaters had each taken a hold on one of us, Harry the only one standing with his wand raised and the prophecy in his hands.

"Potter, your race is run," drawled Lucius Malfoy, walking closer him. "Now hand me the prophecy like a good boy..."

"Let — let the others go, and I'll give it to you!" said Harry desperately.

A few of the Death Eaters laughed again.

"You are not in a position to bargain, Potter," said Lucius Malfoy, his pale face flushed with pleasure. "You see, there are ten of us and only one of you... or hasn't Dumbledore ever taught you how to count?"

Harry looked down at the prophecy and then around at us. Looking defeated, he outstretched the prophecy to give it to Lucius.

"Harry, don't!" I shouted before I could even stop myself, still held by one of the Death Eaters.

"Ooh, this one's fiery," said the person who was holding me, and I knew right then that it was Bellatrix.

In a quick motion, she pushed me so hard that I was knocked down on the floor on my face.

Turning around abruptly, still crawling on the ground, I saw Bellatrix pointing her wand at me as she then cried out, "Crucio!"