Chapter 170

I was only dragged back to reality when I heard footsteps around me through the darkness of the field. With my eyes widening in horror, I looked up. But I suddenly felt the air get knocked out of my chest when I saw four figures approaching me from the dark, their wands raised at my direction as they surrounded me.

I went to quickly grab for my wand in my pocket but one of them said with a smirk, "I wouldn't do that if I were you, sweetheart."

And then, before I could even react, another one of them swished his wand and by that I felt invisible ropes wrap around my wrists behind my back, disabling me from moving them.

      "Expelliarmus!" one of them said and the next moment my wand flew out of my pocket and landed in his hand.

      With each step that the first Snatcher took at my direction, the adrenaline flooded my system. My heart was beating so fast as if it was going to break my chest an run away. I wanted to move. I wanted to run. But there were three of them right behind me, making it impossible.

      Muriel's house was so close that if I screamed, they could easily hear me. But Fred and George would've been outnumbered if they came out to help me. They could've gotten killed. I couldn't allow myself to put them in danger.

      Even though the Snatchers couldn't see the house, they probably had been informed that the Weasleys Apparated somewhere around here often.

      I thought my heart was going to explode and my eyes were wide with fear when the Snatcher reached me and another one took a hold of me from behind to forbid me from moving or fighting.

      The Snatcher looked me up and down with a smirk playing on his filthy face. I was trying to come up with a fake name as fast as possible. But I was caught off guard when he said,

      "I know exactly what we're supposed to do with you, Lexi Hooper."

       And right before I could react, before I could even try to fight them off, the man took a hold of me and we Dissaparated.

       When I felt my feet hit the ground again, I tried to take advantage of the slight distraction and without thinking, I raised my feet and kicked the man behind me on the knee, causing him to let go of me with a growl of pain.

      But the exact moment, the two others grabbed a hold on each of my arms roughly as the third one raised his wand and pointed it down at me warningly.

     "One more wrong move, sweetheart, and you'd wish we obeyed our orders on delivering you to them," he snarled, his wand now pointed right under my chin.

      My whole body was trembling with fear and my eyes were watering. Who was he talking about?

     My mind was still messed up with all the possibilities of what they wanted of me and what they were planning on doing to me.

      My fingers were curled into fists behind my back and I could hear the sound of my own rapid heartbeat. I could feel the air flooding in and out of my lungs as I panted while they dragged me away.

      But I didn't even have to think twice about where we were, when we stopped by large gates and I looked up to see an enormous house.

      It was the Malfoy Manor.

      As they passed through the gates and dragged me inside, I had finally stopped fighting, knowing that there was no way I could break free now.

      The fear was torturing my guts, churning my stomach in tense cramps. The panic overwhelmed my entire body as we reached the entrance doors of the manor and they took me inside.

      When we were finally in the house, the three Snatchers stayed behind with me while the other one went forward and knocked on the hall's door.

      Tension grew in my face and limbs when I heard a woman say from inside, "Bring her in."

      I recognized that voice, and just then I knew that death would be mercy. Because I knew what Bellatrix Lestrange was capable of.

     The fear engulfed my conscience, knocking all other thoughts aside as they opened the doors to the hall and one of the Snatchers pushed me forward so harshly that I dropped to the ground on my knees, a gasp escaping my throat.

       I looked up with my head still down, only to see Bellatrix and Narcissa on their feet, with Draco right behind them, his eyes widened in shock at my sight.

       "Well, well! What a lovely surprise!" Bellatrix said in a high pitched voice.

      I could hear her walking closer to me in slow steps as I threw my gaze down, my heart throbbing mercilessly in my chest. All I could see were her black high heel as they approached me.

     She looked up at the Snatchers, growling dangerously, "Get out."

      They didn't have to be told twice as they took off and left the hall, closing its door behind them and I flinched at the sound, doing everything in my power not to cry, meanwhile the tears were at the verge of falling.

     "I see that you and your little weasels had successfully gone into hiding," said Bellatrix in a fake lofty, now circling around me in slow steps that made me shiver. "We couldn't find the house... but we knew you were somewhere around there. I sent those idiots there, in case one of you decided to show up... and how lucky that it was you."

      In a quick motion, my heart leaped when she suddenly sat in front of me and laughed as she grabbed a hold of my face with one hand so roughly that I was sure it was going to leave marks.

      "Don't hurt her!" I heard Draco shout breathlessly, but his mother put a hand on his shoulder, as if to silence him.

      But Bellatrix was only smirking as she looked down at me, studying my face. It was at that moment that I wished I knew Occlumency.

      But then again, I was certain that Bellatrix didn't know Legilimency, otherwise she would've looked into Hermione's head instead of torturing her. Although I knew that Ron, Harry, and Hermione weren't supposed to be here in a few months.

      "Oh, we're gonna have so much fun..." Bellatrix whispered, letting go of my face yet still looking into my eyes and my heart lurched in fear. "Who would've thought you were my dear cousin's only daughter?"