Part 9

Kyla
fell asleep in the cage as the ghosts were on their way to Ronin. Seeing this, Morro took this chance to take out the ingredients Banshaa and the Soul Archer brought him.  He put a drop of Hypnobrai tears into the water cup. 

                        The ninja get the scroll from Sensei Yang's temple of Airjitsu, and Cole becomes a ghost.

                             This is how the spell works:

The one who controls the Hypnotized person is the one to drink the cup of Hypnobrai tears. The Hypnotized person has to drink the cup of water with the drop of Hypnobrai tears.

                  Morro drank the cup of Hypnobrai tears. Ghosts can't feel taste, so Morro decided it tasted like nothing. He just had to get Kyla to drink the water cup.

                        Skip Time-----

                         Kyla wakes up. "Are you thirsty?" Morro came to her and asked. "Nope," she replied. Morro raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure? You didn't drink anything for the past three days."

                 Kyla POV

                 I thought if I told him I don't need to drink water to survive, he'll suspect something about me is off. I've been a ghost for so long, I can never be fully human.

              I'm half ghost. The ghost part of me gives me the power to survive without water or food. I don't dissipate when I make contact with water anymore, but I'm still scared of it. "Acually, I'll take the cup," I told him. I also noticed the water took on a purplish hue, so that made me suspicious.

         I know a lot of spells, and I knew if I drink the cup, I'll be hypnotized by Morro.

          Morro's POV

         I thought of giving her the cup, but I noticed her glaring at the cup. If she throws the water away, the spell won't work. I summoned Banshee.  "Possess the girl," I ordered her. I'm not taking any chances.  I opened the cage.  Kyla quickly ran out. Before she could go anywhere, I froze her in her place with my wind powers. Banshee took this opportunity, possessed Kyla, and drank the cup.

         Banshee got out of Kyla's body. Kyla's eyes glowed red. "I am under your control, Morro," she stated. I smiled at that. "Tell me your name," I ordered. "My name is Kyla," the girl said automatically. "Tell me about yourself." I ordered again. "I'm Kyla,I'm 19 years old, and I got stuck for 60 years in the temple of Airjitzu. I recently escaped, and I'm searching for my family." Kyla said. "Kyla, we're your family now," I told her. I meant what I said. She smiled. "What do you mean by that?" She asked. "As long as you help me and my fellow friends, you're one of us," I replied.
Kyla's POV
I heard what he said. At first, I thought he was my enemy, but it turns out he is my master. "As long as you help me and my fellow friends, you're one of us," Morro, my master, told me. I felt so happy. I hadn't seen my family for 60 years. I'm scared I'd find out they passed away. "We're not you're real family, but we will be until you find your real one," he continued.
I began to tear up. I suddenly remembered everything. Morro is not my master, and he will pay for hypnotizing me! If I attack him now, I'll be put inside the cage again. And besides, I'm outnumbered 5 to one. The best choice was to play along and pretend I'm still hypnotized. Something was troubling my mind though. Morro incidentally removed the hypnotizing spell on me by telling me I'm part of his family now. I have to admit, that did make me emotional. He's sweet in his own way.
"What do you think of me, Kyla?" Morro asked. I told him the truth. "Master, I think you're a weirdo because you stole that old man's staff. Why would you do that? I've never ever seen a person stupid enough to steal a worthless staff!" I retorted. Morro glared at me.
"It's not a worthless staff. You saw the symbols engraved on it." I shrugged. "You're still a weirdo to me," I commented with a smile.
"I forgot hypnotized people only say the truth," Morro muttered and I heard him. "Think whatever you want, Kyla, but you're still under my control." Morro told me. "Yes master," I forced myself to reply. I hate addressing Morro as my master, but I had to say it or my cover will be blown. "What are you're powers?" Morro asked. "I can freeze people with mind, I can teleport their souls out of their bodies, and I have the ability to teleport wherever I want, even to another realm." I replied. I didn't tell him I can teleport out of my own body. Thank goodness I wasn't hypnotized. If I told him about my secret power, he would have used me to fight the ninja.
Morro suddenly gritted his teeth in pain. "Lloyd!" He shouted in anger. His voice changed to a much softer one. "Run," he told me urgently ", I can't hold him much longer."
I had two choices: I can stay with Morro , pretend I'm on his side, learn his strengths and weaknesses, and later tell them to the ninja when I get the chance. The second choice is that I escape now, find the ninja and help them in whatever they're doing. I think I'll be helping the ninja no matter what choice I take. What should I do?

What should Kyla do?