➳ 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐮𝐭𝐲

Začít od začátku

She didn't have to say another word. Releasing her arms, Jungkook abruptly curled his hand around the back of her neck pulling up toward his mouth. At the feel of his lips against hers, Jieun's eyes fluttered shut, melting into him. The soft brush of his fingertips across her nape sent tingles down her spine, and with the slightest touch of his tongue made her pulse rush in her ears.

The kiss was just like the last one, slow, deliberate, sensual. He was always so tender, almost like he wanted to show her affection, totally the opposite of Minho's kisses. Even when the air was lost, she didn't have the courage to pull away.

Jungkook pressed his body more against her and the electricity began to sizzle in his system. Did Jieun even know how good she was? The heat in his stomach made its way downward like a bullet searing as her hands ran through his hair very differently from the last time.

He slowly broke the kiss, looking at her breathless. "You'll end up regretting it."

His voice seemed distant but when things came into focus again, she opened her eyes to say, "I won't."

"You will," he muttered, brushing a few light kisses across her lips. "Trust me."

"I'll evaluate it myself," she nipped carefully at the outline of his lower lip.

The dark heat that flashed through his eyes made her lick her lips, thinking he would kiss her again, but then she had to struggle to keep her knees from collapsing as he stepped away from her turning serious.

Flushing, Jieun pushed a few pieces of hair away from her face. "... what?"

"It can't be me," he sighed, battling with himself to keep the distance. "I'm not suitable for this."

"Then who is it? Minho? Are you saying I should go back to him?"

"No, Jieun. What I'm saying is that the first time for guys it's not as important as it is for girls. You'll remember it forever... don't you wanna it to be special?"

Her response was the silence as she crossed her arms, looking away.

"I told you once and I'll tell you again. You deserve better... It has to be with someone you have feelings for," he said softly, getting closer again even though he knew he shouldn't. " You won't find it with your ex-boyfriend or with me... because you don't like me... in this way... right?"

Her head slowly turned to him, her bangs hiding one of her eyes.

By the silence, he guessed it right. "So, it can't be me."

"Alright," she nodded, taking a huge breath before moving towards the stairs leading to the beach. "We should call them up... It's getting late."

"Jieun," he pulled her back by her wrist. "Look, I'm not rejecting you. I want to make that very clear."

She smiled disdainfully. "Yeah? Because it sounds a lot like you are."

Jungkook closed his eyes, somehow tired. "That's not what I'm doing."

"Then what are you doing?"

Jungkook watched her silently as his jaw tensed. He could almost hear his heart pounding, betraying the calm and indifferent look he tried to hold a moment ago. His vision focused on her face unsure what to say. Unsure if he even should say something.

"As your friend, I'm trying to be reasonable."

"What are you scared of?" she asked, folding her arms. "That I won't like it? Or that I might magically fall in love with you afterward? Because if that's the-"