Chapter Eighty Five

"Say, Akito," Kira said casually as her elder sister brushed her hair from behind

"Say, Akito," Kira said casually as her elder sister brushed her hair from behind. Akito just hummed in response and waited for her sister to speak," Do you think it's time...that we decide to do that?"

Akito's hand stopped moving as she lowered the hand that was holding the brush. Kira had lifted the hand mirror in her hand to see her sister looking down. She sighed before turning to face her.

            "It's frightening...thinking about it, but...we don't need to—

            "I know" Akito grabbed her own arm rubbing it," It's just...that most of our life, we've been this idyllic being that bonded others together...but then, it became something that driven me to obsession on not wanting or knowing if I'll even like myself without it"

            "I've used the reason just to finally feel wanted," Kira admitted," I was not interested in the others, because I was self-absorbed in making myself the person that finally became useful. When I finally did gain the praise, I just kept wanting more. I did not care about who any of them were..."

              Kira lifted her hand and held onto Akito's," We both done a lot of horrible things to them, you know, we both just seized on this power because we both never been without it...which is why, with each other, our friends, family and dearest loved ones—We can do this. We can not undo the things that were done and we may never be forgiven, but—we can atone for them, by setting them free and living for ourselves. We make things right by ridding the things that are a reminder of the past that the previous God's had done"

            "How can you be so confident?" Akito asked," How are you able to just proceed with moving forward?"

             Kira tilted her head back and let out a laugh," I just think about the future, think about the change that we can do and lastly, I think about us smiling with our loved ones, starting a life without being feared. I mean, we also have to prove the greatest thing"

           "We do?"

            Kira nodded and smirked," Let's show that woman what love really is, with the strength and support we gain on our own. We are not monsters, nor unlovable. We will move on as she continues to stay stuck in the past. I mean, we have to put some work into the life that father did his best to protect"

          Kira sighed before continuing, "I'll be honest for a very long time, I often question why he never left that woman, but then come to realize that she gave him the love that he's never felt after being controlled and cornered by the servants. Father was just simply a man in love and I can't continue to think of his decision as mistakes. It was his life, not mine to insert my opinions into"

           "We have a lot of work as the heads of the family and we know where to start and that's making sure that no one has—

            "To ever feel alone" Akito continued and Kira looked at her sister

             "Yeah, it's not fun and we both can share the experience of it. The isolation and loneliness"

             Akito walked over to the window and Kira followed her.

              The pair both looked down seeing their significant others," We'll have a final banquet," The eldest said touching the window.

            "And finally be who we truly are, " Kira smiled, " To be who we were born to be"

The twins both fell silent for a few long minutes, embracing the feeling one more time.

Each both exhaling at the same time and accepting the situation.

            "It's time," The twins looked at each other clasped one of their hands together.

            "Hey, are you saying goodbye?" The twins froze before finding themselves surrounded by all of the Zodiacs in a large field, with a few missing— the rooster, the rabbit and the sheep.

Kira felt a tug on the bottom of her pants and Akito tilted her head and saw a small rat.

            "Tell me, are you going to say goodbye?" The rat squeaked making Akito lower her hand as the small animal climbed onto it. Kira moved her hand and placed it below her sisters.

            Akito smiled while nodding," Yeah, it's time for us to end this Banquet"

             The rat sat down and tilted his head," You won't be lonely anymore?" It asked looking at the twins.

            "No" Both of the twins said together and then Kira was first to speak after the single word," You've kept us company, for a long time"

          Akito let out a breath before slightly shaking," You've been loyal and so strong, it's time that you finally meet your old friend"

           Kira nodded and leaned onto Akito's shoulder," To say goodbye," They said in sync looking at the sky.

Akito and Kira could feel each of them leaving until their final member, the rat who stood on their hands smiled brightly, making them return it back and finally they lowered him to the floor.

They watched him turn to leave the Banquet at last without looking back.

            Once rat had walked down the path, there stood its oldest friend, the cat, who it has not seen for a very long time. The cat smiled and snickered," Took you long enough, old friend"

All around where each of the members who were still cursed all shared the same reaction—Crying and feeling alone, but also, finally free.