Chapter Sixty Five

"So, you've spoken to Shigure?" Kira asked as she walked alongside Kureno

"So, you've spoken to Shigure?" Kira asked as she walked alongside Kureno. The pair had woken early in the morning and left the Estate without telling anyone.

Although they knew it was not the shrewdest thing to do, both had known that there was no way Kureno would be able to leave if he told Akito that he wanted to leave the Estate for a short while.

            "Yes" Kureno nodded before exhaling," He also asked me a question"

            "Hmm, did he? What was it?" Kira glanced to the side before looking back forward.

            "He's said he's been thinking about it for a while now" He slowly said stopping, which made Kira also follow his gesture," about my curse being broken"

            Kira stood still as her head turned to him," Did you think it was a smart idea telling him? I know you are aware that he is one of the people who have plans on wanting to break the curse. I don't want Shigure to have such high hopes now that he knows"

            "I understand it was not a bright idea, but...I owe a lot to him"

            Kira pursed her lips at his words, "It's one of the things I won't understand, is it?" Kureno dipped his head confirming her question," Somehow, I just feel the urge to ask, but considering that I am satisfied with knowing one important thing, I'll restrain from asking anything"

Kira had proceeded to walk to their destination and Kureno followed after her. They both remained in silent the entire time.

Kureno was still unaware of what Kira was planning on speaking about with Tohru. He had trusted her, but it only caused his anxiety to rise each time he thought about the things she'd end up saying.

Kira stopped suddenly making Kureno almost bump into her back. He was about to ask her what was wrong, but just a couple feet ahead of them was Tohru who was kneeling down in front of sparrows.

            "Kureno, can you walk over to her?" Kira mumbled, making him look at her confused," They will fly away, right?" She asked glancing at him," The sparrows I mean,"

            "Yes..." He mumbled and she nudged her head directing him to do what she asked earlier. It took him a moment to realize what he had to do, which would lead to the teenager putting some pieces together about his difference to the rest.

Kureno walked forward and Kira was close behind—as they walked closer, the sparrows quickly flew away, startling Tohru to almost fall back but balance herself. The sounds of footsteps from behind had her turn and see them.

            "Kureno?" Kira asked looking at the fleeing sparrows,"...The Birds, the birds, they all flew away from you..." Kureno reached his hand out to her helping Tohru from the ground," but Kureno, you're the one possessed...by the bird, so...the spirit's type...those animals...what?"

Kira watched Kureno tug the teen's wrist as he pulled her into an embrace.

            "I am...different now. I don't transform, because my curse had been lifted. It happened when I was just a little bit younger than you. So, that's why I am no longer one of them...I can't..." Kureno looked up to the sky," I can't...fly anymore"

            Tohru gasped and looked up at him, then at Kira," Why...? How was the curse!?"

            "...I don't know" Kureno confessed," Even for me, it was a sudden thing without any warning signs, one day the curse was just...gone. All of a sudden, it felt like my vision had cleared. Inside of me, there was no one but me. The spirit that restricted me was gone. The sky was blue when I thought about how I wouldn't be able to fly in the sky anymore...I was sad, but happy at the same time"

            "It was a frightful day for both Akito and me," Kira spoke up making Tohru turn to her," we were both in a state of shock that was beyond explaining. The pair of us both ran out just screaming in complete fright at the feeling inside our hearts that felt something had left us. We had found the missing part within was none other than Kureno, who lifted the curse"

            "It was selfish of us, begging and screaming for him to never leave, for him to never apart from us" Kira closed her eyes looking at Tohru," Kureno was almost helpless at the two young girls clinging onto him"

            "Two...girls?" Tohru said slowly and Kira forced a smiled tilting her head.

            "Akito and I were both born females, however—things were a little complicated that led to us having to be raised and brought up as males" Kira exhaled before reaching over to Tohru," I trust that with this news, you can continue to aid in doing what you strongly professed on doing, yes?"

            Tohru looked down and turned up nodding her head," Yes"