Chapter Forty Nine

Shigure turned to look out the window as he saw three figures walking along a trail

Shigure turned to look out the window as he saw three figures walking along a trail. For a few moments, his eyes only stayed on Kira who held onto both Akito and Kureno's hand smiling brightly.

            Kira shook her head leaning into Akito, "I don't like, Gure"

            Akito laughed holding her sister," You hear that, Shigure?"

            "Awh, Kira, why?" Shigure tried to be playful, but Kira refused to look at him. Instead, she got up quickly and ran out of the room. Hatori did not say anything and left to go keep an eye on her.

            Shigure turned to Akito who was greatly amused," You are enjoying this, aren't you?"

            "You have no idea," Akito said darkly before leaning on her palm," I seem to be winning this battle, now what will you do?"

            "They left the house?" Hatori asked and Shigure looked back to Hatori who was walking over

            "Yeah, Akito said it's just for a walk"

            "Hmm...to where Tohru is?"

            "Maybe, maybe not...I wonder if they are...It seems like Akito has an active superiority complex against Tohru. The way this is going, we're going to end up getting involved"

            Hatori placed his hand on the glass window," There is something else on your mind, Shigure"

            "There is always something on my mind, Hatori" Shigure looked down to the book on his lap," So, humour me, what do you think it is?"

            "You've been rather silent about learning what happened to Kira"

Shigure sighed leaning back onto the chair he was sat on and looked back to the window—no longer seeing the three in view.

            "Her mental age is now 5 years old. How exactly do you want me to respond to that?"

            "Well, there is a lot you can ask, though I am not sure if I want to answer them"

            "Hey" Shigure tilted his head," Now what did I do to earn that"

            "I don't know Shigure," Hatori turned to cross his arms," You know, she came to me for advice a couple of times, before this. She would ask me if something happened in the past that she didn't know about"

            "And did you tell her?"

            Hatori shook his head," No, because she ended up withdrawing her question. After that, she was found looking off into the distance and I had to make sure that the servants watched over her"

            "So, it wasn't sudden?"

            "No, it seems to have been building up and then one day, she just...ended up like this. It makes me curious, however, this is Kira before the accident—it doesn't make much sense why she doesn't want to be near you, but then again you are often doing something ridiculously stupid" Shigure did not respond and just turned away," And that confirms it...idiot"

            Shigure chuckled dryly as he looked down," Oh, Hatori you hurt me"

            "You can't have her Shigure! She is mine!" A young distressed Akito looked down at Shigure after slapping him across the face.

            Shigure said bitterly, "That is rather selfish, Akito, you have Kureno, why can't I have Kira?"

            Akito seethed before looking down for a few seconds, she then turned up and looked at him," If you say you love me, then I'll let you be with her"

            Shigure chuckled getting up from the ground and placing a hand under Akito's chin," Of course, I love you, Akito"

The sound of a gasp made the two-turn seeing Kira just through a small crack through the door.

            Shigure was snapped out of his daze from the sliding door near them open, revealing to be Akito, " Bring Kyo...here no matter what!"

            "Perhaps...this is a sign of a storm approaching, don't you think?"

            Hatori frowned," You're really enjoying this, aren't you?"