Chapter Sixty

Kira was so detestable for one thing whenever she woke up in the morning or late afternoon and it was the fact that she had to care about how she might have looked

Since she and Akito were forced to be raised as males, they had been put through a complex repetitive routine to continue and hide their secret.

While it was easier for Akito—who hardly left her own quarters, Kira had no doubt knew that it was still an annoyance they both agreed on disliking.

Kira had stood before a mirror in her connected restroom and tiredly wrapped her binding around her chest. It was really a tedious task that she wished wasn't part of her daily routine.

She had often questioned if there would ever be a day where she was not restricted to hide who she was.

However, the thought had often been an issue in because in past it led to being scolded and punished if the twins ever defied the lie.

Even if they were now the head of the family, the twins had felt as if the only way to contain their deranged mother and to keep their power was to be who they were raised to be.

Though, it was just a thought that they had shaped on their own.

"Kira are you presentable?" A voice that she easily recognized as Hatori was heard from outside her washroom door.

"Almost, just give me a couple of more minutes," Kira stated as threw on her layers of clothes to hide her feminine features as much as it was possible to pass as attire that did not seem suspicious.

After looking at herself in the mirror, she exhaled one last time, preparing another day of ignoring her trivial discomfort.

When she walked out of the room, she was met with Hatori already geared in his work attire, preparing to check on her. It was not every single day that he did this, but every other day, since it was the best, he could get from Kira who made the deal.

"Working hard even on the day of the Banquet, good on you, Hatori" Kira walked over to him," I am looking forward to your performance"

"If you speak another word about it, I'll be visiting daily," Hatori said with a straight face, but clearly a threat that he was serious on doing. Kira quickly shut her lips tightly and quietly allowed him to do his job. It was a bit shorter than most days since they really did not have time to spare.

So, to Kira's delight and Hatori's annoyance, the checkup was over quicker than one would estimate sensible. With the same orders as the previous days, Kira had been accompanied by a couple of the present members throughout the day.

It started with Hatori, who stayed with her for the morning and then Kisa—but with Hiro hiding a couple of feet away, keeping a watchful eye on her.

He was fortunate that Kira was not as observant at the time, since she was too busy trying to supervise. Though once the shift change—words that had been graciously titled by Ayame, who was her final chaperone—Kira had finally noticed Hiro, who had been seen walking away with Kisa in hand.

"Nothing extreme this year, huh?" Kira alleged as Ayame helped her get ready for the Banquet.

"Well, it was actually Shigure who asked me to go with something simple. He said last year you were clearly uncomfortable, constantly pulling at your outfit" Kira had tried her hardest to not react to his words, however, her reddened cheeks betrayed her, not going unnoticed by Ayame—who had hidden his smirk away from her eyes.