Chapter Five

Kira leaned just near the slightly open door as she listened to the story of the unfortunate female that was currently stricken with a high fever

She ran one hand through her dishevelled hair and the other was rubbing her shoulder after having to carry Tohru back.

When they came back to the house to learn from Tohru that she moved into a tent—after her grandfather's home had become under renovation, Shigure had suddenly announced about a landslide not long after as they searched for medicine for Tohru who was running a high fever

It quickly alerted Yuki and Kira making them share a look of concern.  When they all went to the tent, they had seen that the camp was buried beneath the landslide.

In distress, Tohru had panicked and started to attempt to dig through the fallen land. Kira reached over stopping her and Shigure knelt down to the other side saying that'd they return in a day since the chance of another landslide coming was high.

Tohru accepted, however, as she tried to get up, she had nearly fallen, but Kira was quick to react and caught her since she nearly tumbled onto Shigure.

Kira had not hesitated and suddenly lifted the young female into her arms. It caused Tohru to grow flustered at the action. Though, as much as she wanted to get out of Kira's arms, her body was already growing weak from her fever.

During the walk back, Shigure kept a strong firm hand on Kira's back and kept mumbling apologies for not being able to do it. It had made Yuki confused, not understanding the strange exchange, but he did not bother to question it since his worries mostly lied towards the weaken female in Kira's arms.

            "Are you okay?" Yuki voiced as he peered at her after handing Shigure a warm compress for Tohru.

            Kira let out a low groan and nodded her head," Yeah, I never realized how steep some of the hills are here" She added and then turned down to peer at the sleeping teenager," Yuki, can you handle it?"

            Yuki's eyes widened at her sudden words, making Shigure lightly chuckle turning their direction, "What do you mean?"

            "Really, Yuki do you even need to ask that?" Shigure said leaning on his palm," Who do you think he is?"

            Kira placed a hand on the younger male's shoulder," Be careful and make sure to not get caught in another landslide" She said sternly with a genuine warning, one that Yuki understood as not one being hostile, but one that actually had worry written all over it.

            "I'd ask that idiot over there, but I know that you are better at the scavenging," Kira said through a deep sigh as she pointed to Shigure," Knowing him, he'd end up destroying something"

            "Hey..." Shigure said offended, but the pair ignored him and Yuki walked off making Kira turn back to the room.

            "Get out, I need to wipe her down"

            "But, wouldn't she question it in the morning?" Shigure said carefully

            "I am not an idiot; I am just going to wipe down her face and take out some of the twigs and dirt that got into her hair"

            "Well," The male gave up as he stood and stretched his legs," If you say so, just don't get at me if she goes hysterical in the morning,"

            "You sound as if what I plan to do anything that would lead to indecency" Kira scoffed grabbing his arm and pushing him towards the door," Go and keep an eye on Yuki, he'll need you to warn him if there is a chance of another landslide"

            "Yes," Shigure bowed with a smirk," As you wish, Kira," He said in a solemn tone and turned to do as she asked.

Kira exhaled closing the door behind her and walked over to Tohru.

            "There is a change in the air," She whispered placing a hand on her chest, feeling the portentous emotions that Shigure and Yuki were both displaying within their hearts. She did not worry much about it reaching her sister, because her bond with them was stronger.

However, if they continued to keep this feeling within, it was bound to somehow make it to Akito.

            "The unnerving feeling that things are changing is forming," Kira mumbled and turned down to the slumbering female," And something within is just telling me that you, Tohru Honda, might have something to do with it"