LOST || A MESSAGE TO FAMILY

Start from the beginning

"Pepper, it's me.Maria is here too so don't worry. I've got a lot of apologies to make and not a lot of time. So first off, I'm so sorry I put you both in harm's way. That was selfish and stupid and it won't happen again. Also, it's Christmas time, the rabbit's too big. Done. Sorry. And I'm sorry in advance because...We can't come home yet. I need to find this guy. You gotta stay safe. That's all I know. I just stole two poncho from a wooden Indian.Wanna say hi Rees"

Pepper holds her breath as she waits for her daughter to speak,Finally the ten year old does "Hey mama,dad and i are really cold but we are kinda okay.I miss you so much and i hope you're safe.When we get back i want to watch some movies and just forget this whole thing happened. I love you mom." 

Pepper wishes that she could hug them both and tell them that she loves them with everything she has.

                                                                                           ---------

Pepper grips the steering wheel tightly as she drives,slowly,she turns her head to look at maya "Why were you at the house tonight? What was so important that you had to speak to Tony?" Maya doesn't answer for a beat,Turning her head to face the strawberry blonde, she ponders over her answer "I think that my boss is working for the Mandarin. So if you still want to talk about it, I suggest that we get ourselves someplace safe."

Pepper turns to look back at the road,Shock written all over her face,her grip on the steering wheel becoming tighter "Your boss works for the Mandarin, you think? But Tony says you're a botanist, so..."

Maya shakes her head in disbelief because of course that's what Tony said "That figures. What I actually am is a biological DNA coder running a team of forty out of a privately-funded think tank, but sure you can call me a botanist." Pepper takes in the information before asking " This boss of yours, does he have a name?"

Maya looks down at her hands that are clasped tightly on her lap "Yeah, Aldrich Killian" Pepper looks at the woman next to her in shock.She can't have heard her right

The mandrain can't be killian ?

Could it ?

-------------

Killian spins in his office chair,his phone pressed against his ear as he takes in everything Savin is saying to him "Well, we took the house down, sir..." Killian hums "Mmhmm." Savian continues " But there's no sign of either of their bodies."

Killian clenches his fist tightly on the oak wood table "I see." Savin sounds angry "No Stark's" Killian un-clenches his fist,laying his palm flat on the table he pushes off in order to stand. "I have to go"

Killian continues to keep his phone to his ear,walking towards another room "The Master is about to record and he's a little... Well, you know how he gets. Keep your appointment tonight and call me when it's done. "

Aldrich walks into a room and notices all of Mandarin's props in place as well as the camera crew ready to record  The Mandarin's message "Alright everybody. No talking and no eye contact, unless you wanna get shot in the face."

                                                                                            ---------

Maria holds her dad's hand tightly in hers.The ten year old's eyes taken in the sight of the small town "The sandwich was fair, the spring was a little rusty, the rest of the materials, I'll make do. By the way, when you said your sister had a watch, I was kinda hoping for something a little more than that."