[Arc 1.9]

A dream come true.

That was what it was for Rose.

She admired the character she had fallen head over heels for from her novel and, through hard trials, snatched from the one person she thought was always annoying in the story.

Bethany Lanés. She always thought she was unsuitable for Chris. But nevermind for she was gone and she had him all to...

She looked back with newfound fury lit in her eyes as she strode over with a strained smile tugging at her lips.

[ Target of mission coming towards you, Host. ]

Maria shifted her head and small smirked formed, 'Enemies do meet on narrow roads.'

Chris, on the other hand, looked up and his face lit up. He beckoned for Rose to come forward, all the while Maria's smirk froze.

'Didn't he say he wanted to talk? To just call his lover...I feel like I'm going to become the third wheeler.'

"Mary, I don't think you've met Rose yet since you were abroad," he gestured between the two, waiting for them to introduce themselves.

The Rose from before changed to an entirely different person, becoming docile and quiet under his gaze. It disgusted Maria who had to watch this through, although.

"Charming to see you again," her voice monotonous.

The other quietly hid her anger and shame behind her eyes and gave a smile in return.

Chris, who saw this exchange, looked between the two. "You have met her, Mary?"

Maria's expression showed nothing but only gave a smile with clear eyes that annoyed Rose.

"A fortuitous encounter but word of advice, you could've picked better."

Hearing those words, Rose was visibly shaken and trembled from anger. Oh, how much she wanted to rip off the empty smile on Maria's face, to show the world her true face. How would she be able to stand as proud as of now!

Mistaking her trembling for fear, Chris brought her closer to his side and narrowed his eyes, "I don't think you have any say on who I choose to be with."

Now, why does it seem like she's the mother who disapproves of her child's choices??

[ # What-Is-Going-On-In-My-Host's-Mind ]

"You haven't even known her for a long time, unlike I do."

The smile she had on widened but the more one looked, it was empty and calm.

"Or do I?"