[Arc 1.5]

On a rainy day on Saturday, Maria* sat in a private and empty lounge in an airport. Her legs crossed and so were her hands in front of her chest. On her lap were the sunflowers she had delicately brought in perfect condition.

*I'll be changing Helena to Maria to avoid confusion.

Most would see to it that she was having a nap but no, very incorrect. In her head, she was cursing a million times towards Shadow for waking her up early. Like many people, she didn't hate mornings.

She despised them.

She had awoken suddenly from his annoying bleeping of an alarm and thought she was late. So, she rushed through her routine only for her face to darken as she saw the sky. It had only been the early break of dawn!

Her face darkened even more at the mere thought of it while the said system hid in a corner. He had learned personally what it was like to bother someone who wasn't a morning person....he had never been so scared and became scarred, literally and figuratively. She then was brought out of her cursing to the door opening. She looked up only for her expression to change back to indifference as she saw the people.

Her loving, doting 'parents'.

"Ah! My darling, how are you?!" A pretty and motherly woman strode towards her and extended her hands to give her a hug, to which Maria discretely avoided. Her expression, although smiling, was inwardly frustrated but masked it. To her left was her 'father'. His handsome face held a gentle and hopeful smile, which made Maria frown lightly at this.

Striding past them with flowers in hand as her other pulled her suitcase, the family sighed in defeat as they followed behind her, knowing it was a daily occurrence for her to treat them with a cold shoulder. Maria herself knew the actions were justified from browsing through the original's memories. Her parents had only started treating her like this a little bit over a year ago when her youngest sister had died in an accident.

Sitting in a black SUV in awkward silence, Maria only leaned against the window  to look out the scenery while her parents were trying their very best to strike a small conversation. The outcome of it was that she didn't respond, only nodding in some parts.

She knew they were trying to salvage their relationship, but that made her scoff at their audacity. The original didn't hate her little sister because she knew it wasn't her fault. But her parents only treated her with little love while they showered her little sister with lots. The evidence? It was enough to see from how she decided to study abroad and live in an apartment while keeping up to the latest news of business in the country.

They soon arrived at the gates of a majestic manor. They underwent the security measures before she entered the house and went straight to her room to prepare herself to go out. The design of the room was simple yet peaceful, which brought a satisfied (Hamilton stans...nO) smile to play on her lips as she changed into a simple, long-sleeved dress.

She packed her essentials in a bag and went down the stairs only to be stopped by her parents.

"M-maria are you going somewhere?" Her mother asked hesitantly.

"If the colour of my outfit and the flowers of my hand means something other than a funeral, then it wouldn't be that." She replied with coldness in her tone but the one who answered was her angry father.

"Don't speak to your mother like that!" He frowned in anger and glared at her but flinched slightly as he saw the cold glare she gave him.

Taking a deep breath, he talked to her calmly. "What she's trying to do is discourage you, Maria. We know it upsets you but it's pouring and judging by your attitude we're...." He was embarrassed to say the next word. But by doing that, it made her misunderstand.

"Is it because it's inappropriate for me to attend someone's funeral who isn't in the same social standing as me?" Her tone was low and cold as memories of her own rich, snobbish parents resurfaced from a dark corner of her memories. Hearing no response, she smirked disapprovingly inwardly as she walked to go out, not without leaving her last words to them.

"I'm applying to the dorms, so ask someone to deliver my things there." With a light slam of the door and a faint thunder, she didn't look back to see her mother slump on the floor as her hands covered her face. Her father going down to comfort her as she muttered sentences of forgiveness quietly addressed to her.

In the future, she would've wished she had never lost her cool just from her emotions. For if she didn't, she could've avoided what fate had in store for her. Had in store for the people whom she would get know and get close to in the future.

But she unknowingly couldn't avoid the repeat of a long-forgotten history of her past.