[Arc 1.7]

"My eyes aren't playing tricks on me, are they? Look, look!"

"No way..."

"Miss Messerés..!"

Murmurs from the students continued to follow wherever Maria went. The elite students who knew of her within the business circle did a double-take to make sure their eyes weren't failing. Those who didn't unconsciously walked into people to wonder where a beauty like her had appeared.

Without a care for her surroundings, Maria made her way to register her ID, only giving polite nods or waves to students she had recognized from business parties or events she had attended along the way.

As she looked around, she felt the small smile she had on twitched.

Crowds.

The 2nd most hateful thing in the world.

'System, do I have to-'

[ Yes ]

'But, I can't have my delicate self be squished and shoved around-'

[ Pft-  D e l i c a t e. I'm pretty sure a 'delicate' woman doesn't have a 9th dan black belt in Taekwondo. ]

Maria: ......

[ Just walk through like a normal person. ]

Maria: .....凸( ' ロ ' )凸

Thankfully, half of the room had fewer people than before and the remaining who had noticed her for who she was made a small pathway as she walked through. The only advantage of being a host for the daughter of an influential person, and the only reason why Maria could endure her 1st mission.

Too bad her happy mood was shortly ruined.

"Agh!"

'WHAT THE FU-'

A random woman from the crowd had suddenly rushed towards her and abruptly stopped a few meters away from her and fell to the ground. Her books in her hand and fabric had rolled on the ground and stopped by her feet.

"Ow...miss Messerés, I know that you are very well-known and influential but that doesn't permit you to push someone!" Tears formed in her eyes as if she had broken a bone and the males were soon swooned by her act while girls had started whispering amongst themselves and eye-rolled.

'System, identify which idiot character this is.'

[ Scanning.... ]

[ Ding! Host Messerés has encountered the transmigrated error, Rose Jadein. ]

Maria: ...Is this one of your jokes?

She looked at the girl still on the floor as tears were in her eyes and continued pleading as students who heard the commotion had come out of curiosity with phones in hand.

"Isn't that miss Messerés?"

"Shit, it is. I never thought she would be that kind of a person..."

Students had started murmuring and while those who did see the incident, had seen from an angle where it looked as if she could have pushed Rose down. So, they remained quiet and decided to watch the drama unfold.

Despite Rose looking pitiful outside, inside a storm was brewing in her head as she thought herself triumphant. But when she saw Maria smile, she physically froze from how chilling it was.

An ominous feeling crept up her back.

"Oh! And here I thought this young lady had somehow tripped over herself because she was clumsy! I never knew from this distance I could make someone fall, but nevermind. Let me help pick up your stuff."

Swiftly, Maria moved away and everyone could see how she couldn't have possibly pushed her. It was only an illusion!

They had never thought that the seemingly adorable and likeable Rosey could act like this. One by one, they stopped recording and the murmuring had continued, only it was aimed for her.

Rose clenched her hands tight and only looked up when she saw the still-smiling Maria as she extended her stuff. But as she took them from her, the latter had leaned slightly and murmured loud enough for both of them to hear, "Come back when you have grown brains, yeah?"

Shakily, Rose slumped down while Maria had walked away together with the crowd and continued on their business. She only got up when her friend had helped her up and ranted annoyingly about Maria.

The pair didn't notice her hidden figure as she chuckled coldly and went to her first class.

'Let's see if the ML is smarter than that failed white lotus...'