The Parallel Void

Darkness.

That was all she saw. Not even a dim light source.

Helena calmed her emotions and collected her thoughts before analyzing her situation. It was never good to venture into an unfamiliar place without knowing if there were any dangers or risks lurking around.

After what seemed like an eternity of her standing there, observing, she concluded that it was safe as she couldn't detect any movement or sound.

Just as she was about to explore the area, she heard the same robotic voice again.

[Candidate 3256, Helena Messereś, has been observed and graded to bind with a suitable system!]

[Processing suitable choices....]

This time, Helena didn't jump or scream like she did last time rather, she was curious about what she had just heard.

System? Is it like those system novels she read to pass her time when there was no news worth hacking on?

She loved those types of novels since she wasn't a fan of those 'CEO falls for the weak, fragile girl whose story is based on her' novels. (A/N I mean...who would?? No offence btw 😪)

She stood in her spot, her hand holding her chin, quietly thinking of a theory.

(Wait..so does that mean I'm the Female Le-)
_______________________________________
KJ: *Runs to Helena and slaps her hand on her mouth* DO NOT BREAK THE FOURTH WALL- WE'RE JUST A FEW MINUTES IN FOR THE 2ND CHAPTER!!

Helena: IT'S AN OBVIOUS FACT BY NOW THOUGH- *runs*
ε=┌(;・_・)┘

KJ: You little...COME BACK HERE!! READERS ARE WAITING FOR CONTENT!! *Chases her with Chancla in hand*   ε=ε=ε=(۶•̀Д•́)۶

E### :3**: LENA! KJ— *Joins the goose chase to stop Author-Chan from killing Helena*

KJ: And...we're back. Sorry for that...display *narrows eyes at Helena*.

Helena: (╥_╥)

KJ: Anyway, continuing from where we left off :3
_______________________________________
As Helena was about to break the Fourth Wall, her thoughts were interrupted, thankfully, from the announcement of the AI's results.

[Ding! 4 suitable choices have been chosen! Would Candidate No. 3256, Helena Messereś, like to select?]

{ Y / N }

The yes or no option blinked in front of her. She wanted to be boring for once and decided to pick. She was interested in what options were waiting for her.

{ Y / N }

As soon as she saw her options display on a screen before her face although, she felt her mouth twitch in annoyance.

【Choices Provided】

> {Conquer As The Villainess}
> {Destroy the World}
> {Counterattack as the White Lotus}
> {Change The Fate}

When she read the descriptions for the first 3, she could tell how dark her expression was without even looking.

Why is it that all of them are portraying me as the villainess ah...?

She combed through her memories to see if she was ever portrayed as a villainess if her choices were like this.

Sure enough, a lot of memories of people calling her evil, twisted, and etc. resurfaced. Her expression darkened again at the memory and finally sighed in defeat.

"This must be karma's way of getting back to me." (A/N Or more like I happened but ok-)

When she looked back through her choices once more, she saw a title that stood out from the rest, she checked the description and had on a mischievous grin.

Well, this is different...

[Is Candidate No. 3256, Helena Messereś, satisfied with choosing System M-3607, Change The Fate, as your bonded system?]

"Naturally."

[Answer confirmed. Processing bonding procedure...]

[Ding!]

[Bonding has completed!]

[Candidate No. 3256, Helena Messereś, shall be renamed Host Messereś! ]

[Will Host Messereś please prepare...]

Helena stood in the room, confused by what she just heard. She felt a bad premonition coming up her spine.

Her questions were answered soon as she felt herself falling through a hole once more. The uncomfortable and vomit-inducing feeling made her want to curse at whoever made this system for not being specific.

As she was about to teleport, she didn't leave without hearing the AI's "warm" welcome:

[We welcome Host Messereś to the Parallel Void!]
_______________________________________

**: A/N This will be a character that will be coming soon. Try to guess who my lovely readers :3