Chapter 8

Lavender POV
~~~
"It's been two week since I've seen Jax and my anxious wolf is making me crazy. She's been whining for me to go find him but I know he's probably busy with pack business. I mean, he's texted but it's always short, nothing serious really. He is so hard to read. We spend one day together making hot passionate love mating sex. Then the next day he ask to see me and spends the night and leaves..... WTF is that?!". I said in a confused manner.
" It seems to me he is trying to figure it out as well". Said Hazel.
"I guess so. I'm so fucking happy you moved back here. I've missed having my best friend". I said giving her a hug.
Hazel and I have been close friends since we meet in ballet class at the age of three. She has long black raven hair and icy blue eyes, is the same height as I am, and is fair skinned. She and her family moved away from Moon Haven when we were sixteen.
"Me too. I'm excited to see everyone and your mother arranged a room for me in the pack house".
"Perfect your not far, it's nice having someone to talk to about these things".
"So... the annual galleria is in two days. I'm thinking he will be there, right?"
"Yeah, I think so. Do you want to go into town, we can get some Coffee at our old spot!".
"Nice way to change the subject and yes".
We get into town and notice pretty much everyone is here shopping. We ran into a couple of people Hazel was friends with and did a quick hello. After that we got our coffee and sat at the tables surrounded by heat lamps. We started people watching and made jokes to one another.
"I thought that was you!". Said a familiar voice.
"Hey Cedar! Look who's back." I said full of excitement.
"Hey..." said Hazel in a hushed tone.
"........umm" said Cedar.
It was quite for about a minute until...
"Mine!" Said Cedar in a low growl.
"Mate....?!" Replies Hazel.
Well this was a surprise! I never imagined for this to happen! I just sat there watching them talk, laugh, and make out. As gross as it is to see my brother kissing in front of me. I was truly over the moon that he found his mate.
"This is crazy!" Cedar suddenly said.
"Oh...." Replied Hazel looking confused.
"I'll be back... I'll see you later. I have to go talk to my parents". Cedar said as he left quickly.
"What the what Hazel!" I said loudly.
"I know! I'm really really happy I moved back. We are so going to be sisters now." She said with a huge grin.
We continued to talk about the event of her and Cedar for about 30 more minutes. That's when we heard the sound of motorcycles. About 10 Grey Stone pack members with girls on the back of their bikes parking across the street from us in front of Redd's. One of which was Jax, and he had Sasha with him. My heat shattered completely apart and a rage began to build. I stood up starting to shift into my wolf because I was about to rip some throats out. Before I could fully change Hazel grabbed my arm, "Not here". Calming me down enough to retract my wolf. I felt him... he slowly turned around and looked at me standing there. I know he can feel me, we're mates. I grabbed my stuff and walked towards my car. As we were getting in the car I could feel him watching me but I ignored it. I dropped off Hazel at the pack house and told I would be fine. I drove home and began to feel sadness and pain inside. My wolf is extremely hurt and is crying out in emotional pain.
***
Fuck that dude!!! I kept thinking as I got ready for the galleria. I had my makeup, hair, and nails professionally done. Next was the dress, it was perfect. Fashioned in a mermaid style, a midnight purple chiffon dress that ends with a lovely sweep train. The white lace godet that emphasizes the train fabulously complements the splendid white laced bodice.
"Damn you look good!" Said Hazel.
"Yes yes yes! I knew it was perfect for you". Said Sage beaming with energy.
We grabbed our clutches and made our way to the front of the pack house where the cars were waiting. We had to be the last to leave making sure all members arrived before us. As we pulled up to the training facility that has been transformed into a beautifully over the top decorated building. We began to step out of the car making our way to the main room. Cedar was arm in arm with Hazel and Sage was with some guy I forgot his name. I walked behind everyone and as we walked in we were announced. Standing there by myself wasn't that big of deal until I felt and saw Jax looking at me from across the room. He was at the Alpha table and by what I gather so we're their dates in dresses that were too short and shiny. Clearly they've never really attended before, but damn he looked good in his suit. My family and I made our way over to the Alpha table giving formalities. I could feel Jax burning a hole through me so I turned my head to look him. Right then decided I would greet him like a Nightshade.
"Good evening Jaxon, Rollo, and dates. Thank you for coming and please enjoy yourselves". I said with grace and poise. As I walked away and stood by my father, I used my wolf hearing to tune into what they were saying.
"I love her dress". Said Della
"She's always so formal and boring. I don't think I've ever seen her at Redd's". Said Sasha.
"I'm sure it's cause she's not allowed or something".
"Or she's a hermit and I really don't get why all the male wolves are always salivating over her. I mean seriously she's obviously stuck up". Said Sasha in a jealous manner.
"I need a drink". Said Jax and walked away from the girls and over to the bar.
I took it upon myself to walk pass the bar area he was at and headed to the restroom.