Chapter VIII: A Fire Extinguisher?

~Recap~

"Sophia, Darling don't you know you should have left a long long time ago? You shouldn't care for someone this broken and fucked up," Damien said while laughing hysterically.

An object came into view as he prepared to strike. A bright red fire extinguisher was raised up into the air with the intent to kill.

"Sweet Dreams"

~~~~~~~

I was cornered on the floor, and Damien had murder in his eyes. I wasn't going to be able to get out of this.

I prepared for the blunt object to crush my head when it slammed down next to me.

Had he missed? I jumped onto my feet to get out of the way.

"Sophia," Damien brought the extinguisher back to strike again, "I'm at war with myself, and you're caught in the crossfire. So get out of here before I destroy us both."

He landed another attack at me, and I dived out of the way. I could see he was still fighting to do the right thing. But could he really be saved?

His attacks became more aggressive and more rapid. It was like dodging bullets in a confined space.

Sophia- Please stop this!

Damien- You can't prevent the inevitable!

He ran after me. The house has become a big maze that I needed to get out of, but I can't with Damien trying to kill me.

"I needed someone. You were the one!" he slammed the extinguisher onto the ground, "But you betrayed me! WHY SOPHIA!"

I ran into the main bedroom. "Please stop!" I screamed through tears. This couldn't be the end. It just couldn't.

My eyes scanned the room for something to use as a weapon. There was a small glass vase on the dresser, But Damien was blocking it. If I could just get the vase then maybe I could knock him out. Damien's head was still healing, but this was my only option.

All my morals were thrown out the window once I was put in a life or death situation. I wanted to hurt, even kill him just so I wouldn't die. Maybe I do deserve to die?

I stopped fighting back. It might be best if I just expect my fate.

Damien paused for a second, "Are you just going to give up that easily? Give up on me so easily? Ha." His laugh echoed around the room. "Go to hell, Soph."

Damien hit me hard in the stomach, and I was knocked onto the bed. He had hit close to my diaphragm. My whole chest was ached in pain. He stifled my breath, but I still tried to take deep breaths. Each causes shakiness and pain in my whole body.

I feebly tried to get to the dresser. This time he hit me in the leg. I screamed in agony. A sharp pain I had never felt before filled my whole leg. He might have broken my leg.

I was still fighting, even cornered and literally broken. I was still fighting. Somehow I evaded another one of his attacks and made it to the dresser. Vase in hand, I swung it at Damien.

The vase struck right at his head. Damien's body fell to the ground limp. The thud of his body sent a shock of realization through me. I had killed him.

~Damien's Perspective~

Every dark, brooding thought made its way to the surface. I couldn't control myself anymore. This ominous urge to destroy everything came out. My feet led me to an object that was calling out to me. A fire extinguisher?

But my mind knew exactly what to do with it. Sophia was standing there helpless. She deserved to die, and I deserved to die.

I swung at her. I needed to punish myself. So I would use Sophia. I loved her, and that couldn't be. I can't love nor should I allow myself to love. I needed to destroy her for my own purposes.

Love is a powerful thing. I warned her I would destroy her and myself with my selfish desire.

I hit her few times, I was going to win. Running around the room like a small rodent, Sophia made her way to the dresser. What could she be planning that would hurt me?

I saw the glass vase coming right at me. This seemed familiar. James, who had struck me in the head with a glass cup, tried to hurt Sophia. Now Sophia was trying to harm me in the exact same manner that he had. How ironic.

Before I could strike again the world turned black. And I fell to the ground.

~Perspective Ends~

My body froze. I couldn't move. My head fell to the ground. Why? Hot tears stung my eyes, as I saw Damien's limp body.

I'm a monster.

My head was spinning. I had just killed a man. Of course he had kidnapped me, but I never meant for this to happen.

Nevertheless, I locked all my thoughts away where they couldn't taunt me and headed out the door.

My adrenaline had worn off, and I remembered my leg, making the pain grow stronger. I did the best I could to grit my teeth and walk it off until I got to Jessie's house.

The bus stop was just a walk away, but the pain in my leg was constant. The grey, dingy sky didn't make the day any better either.

Moments later I was getting onto the bus headed towards Jessie's house. I would be safe soon; although, it would be impossible for Damien to be in a stable condition after that blow to the head.

"He can't get to me," I thought.

I took my seat next to the isle. I sank into my seat. I was under a tremendous amount of stress, but this felt so relaxing, to be free.

I knew nothing would hurt me, but I felt like I was being watched. I scanned my eyes around the bus. No one was looking at me. It must be all in my head.

After a few minutes I put my suspicions to rest and relaxed some more. Soon, we arrived at another stop, and a man got on. The same black-haired, grey-eyed man I met a few days ago at a certain party.

It can't be!

Broken Beyond Repairजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें