35: The road that lies ahead

Start from the beginning

"Are you a rogue?"

The man asked, quirking his eyebrow in curiosity. Minki just nodded his head, seizing the opportunity. He fit the part, perfectly actually. Minki carried nothing with him, he was all dirty and worn out from the journey. Stupidly enough and surprising Minki, the man seemed to believe him and, with a slight movement of his hand, he motioned Minki to follow him inside.

Fear colored his veins as he stepped into the fortification that he was deeply intimidated by. Shakingly and hesitantly, he followed the man, yet with each step, the feeling of turning around and running back home, exponentially grew in his heart. The environment that surrounded the pack only worsened his state. Unlike the Bad Blood pack, men fought with each other and argued about the tiniest of details. The whole place reeked of dry blood, the sky was grey and little leafage decorated the place, most of it dry. A group of men carrying wood logs caught Minki's attention as he followed the man. He kept his eyes on them, trying to figure out where were they headed too. Something inside of him, persisted on telling him it was important to do so. However, the sound of the man beside him speaking, forced him to let his curiosity go.

"I'm bringing you to the Alpha, so that we can get you settled in"

Minki felt like screaming for help; he never opened up his mouth to speak. The Alpha from this pack had a reputation that was anything but kind. There was no way for Minki to prepare, to meticulously plan an escape in case things went sour. Surely, his reputation had a bit of truth in it. What would he do to him? The boy's mind ran with the worst scenarios possible. Despite the lingering fear, his thoughts vanished once he spotted the man carrying the logs again. They trailed one after another, forming a long line and as they waited for their turn, they argued and fought as if it was something natural, innate to them. Minki could not believe what he was seeing.

The countless men were laying the logs next to each other, structuring what it seemed to look like a huge bonfire, just waiting to be lit up. It was huge, standing taller than the rest of the building, and still, the men kept on pilling more and more. The sight brought chills down Minki's spine, he kept on wondering what could that possibly be for. What kind of event needed a fire that big? Certainly, a fire as such would burn the whole forest, wouldn't it?

The man that had been guiding him, tugged on his arm, tired of waiting for Minki to go back to walking. Minki's eyes never left the bonfire as he was dragged towards the pack house where he was going to meet the Alpha. He had a strange feeling on the pit of his stomach. A feeling that terrified him, made his body go cold and numb. It felt like something incredibly gruesome and horrible was brewing right in front of him but he couldn't see it. He just knew it was there, waiting to happen. Minki tried to shake the image away from his head, maybe he was just overexaggerating – maybe his fears were making him feel things that weren't there.

It's just that... that bonfire that he had seen was awfully familiar to the one he had heard about. On the tale.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

It had been an hour or so since Hani had left the pack with Jungkook.

After what had happened yesterday with Jimin, the group's mood dropped heavily. The room went quiet, silent, dead. No one spoke, no one moved. Everyone was too in shock and too confused with Jimin's reaction and his odd confession. The Alpha was the first to try and pick back the pace of the conversation. He explained that him and Hani were headed towards the Endymion forest, in search of a cave that was supposed to clear some questions out about Jungkook and help them understand further their bond. The group asked no more questions, everyone was still too caught up in the previous moment. After that, Hani and Jungkook left the cabin.