47 | Redemption

ALYSSA

THE GUN WENT OFF.

But did I get shot?

No.

When I opened my eyes, I realized that Jared directed the gun into another direction so I wouldn't get shot. I take a deep breath, calming down as I pull Carina closer. She was shaking in fear and on the verge of crying.

Jared managed to knock the gun out of her hand, kicking it far away from her reach. Tarrah tries to come for me, making me back up into the wall, but Jared holds her back. He puts his arms around her, trying to calm her down but she was moving around, jumping in his hold, trying to escape him.

She looked scary as she glares in my direction. This is a side of her I've never seen.

"Lady Dragon,"

I turn towards the door behind Jared who was struggling to keep Tarrah down, eyes wide in shock to see her. I didn't expect to see her standing there with a gun in hand, gesturing me to go to her urgently.

"Aria," I said, happy to see her.

Pulling Carina with me, I run out the door, almost getting kicked in the side by Tarrah when I went pass her. She was sweating now and her hair was sticking to her forehead. She was so out of control and I absolutely didn't want be near her.

"We have to get out of here fast," Aria tells me, standing against the wall with a gun in hand. "I'm glad you're okay."

"Yea, I'm surprised to see you here," I tell her quietly, holding on to Carina so she doesn't get left behind.

"Damian's here," Aria said with a smile, "But-"

"Who's there?" A manly voice came from somewhere, making her go quiet and she tells us to follow her. Carina and I stay quiet, following her till we reach the stairs when we heard footsteps coming upstairs. We had to make a turn and quickly hide in a storage room.

"Shit," Aria groaned, "There's more of them in the house. I thought I got rid of them."

"So what's the plan?" I ask her calmly, feeling a bit tired.

Aria looks at me, "The plan is to get you out of here. You are my priority. Once you're out and safe, Damian's burning the whole place down. He couldn't come in because then Tarrah might notice him and make things harder. And, he's watching everything." She points to the tiny camera on her outfit.

Damian is watching me right now. I can't wait to see him again.

"Right," I mutter then held onto the wall for support when my back ached all of a sudden, making her look at me alarmed. I shake my head at her when the pain passed, "I'm good."

Aria looks at me worriedly then says, "We have to go now. Whatever happens, don't look back."

Nodding at her, I turn to Carina, "Stay beside me."

She shakes her head, "I can't go. I need to find my sister."

I look down on the floor, unsure if I should tell her. It will surely crush her, but she must know already.

"Carina, your sister's gone."

"N-no," She said, not wanting to believe me.

I cast my gaze to the floor, "...she died months ago."

With that, tears went cascading down her face and I felt terrible looking at her like that. It breaks my heart to see her like this. She went through all of that to find her sister, but there's nothing she can do to bring her back.