33 | Good News

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Remember to comment & vote ;)

DAMIAN POV 

HOLDING ALYSSA'S HAND IN MINE, I gaze down at her, thinking about how beautiful she is and how brave she was to stand and protect another woman rather than herself. I have many guards for her who would protect her, but she would still choose to risk her life to save others. When I arrived at the scene, I ran as fast as I could to my Angel. I don't think I can ever forgive myself if I lose her. What is life without Angel in it? When I held her in my arms in the woods, she was bleeding and couldn't even keep her eyes open. 

I promise I will find who ever had hurt you. They won't get away with it. I thought, placing a kiss on the back of her hand. The ring looking good on her finger. They have just messed with the wrong woman, my woman. They will pay for it. 

My eyes meet Alyssa's green ones when I feel her squeeze my hand back, a smile forming on my face as she looks at me with a small smile. 

"You're awake," I said thankfully, putting my hand on the side of her face as she leans into my touch, "I was so worried about you. How are you feeling?"

"It hurts, but that's nothing new," She says quietly with a small smile, "I've been shot before."

"I'm sorry I couldn't get there on time," I told her, upset with myself.

 If I had gotten there early, this wouldn't have happened. She reaches over with her other hand, placing it over mine that rested on her cheek, saying, "Don't be. I would still protect her if I had to even with you there." 

We both turn to the door when we hear it open and Dr. Lilith comes walking in with a clipboard in hand, giving the both of us a smile. She walks over to the other side of the bed, smiling at Alyssa before making sure her bandaged shoulder was covered well. She looks at her clipboard, going through some papers as she says, "I'm glad you're awake. You were out for like 2 hours. You got shot in the shoulder, you're lucky it didn't ruin any organs. Anyways, you and your baby will be fine." 

"Thank you," I told her and then stop, processing her last sentence while Alyssa slowly looks up at her friend who realized the confusion on our faces. I was confused, but happy at the news, really hoping and praying to God it was true- what I had heard was true- that Alyssa is pregnant.

"What did you say?" Alyssa asked quietly.

Lilith puts down her clipboard, looking at the both of us, saying, "You're pregnant. You didn't know? I thought you knew. You're 11 weeks pregnant, Alyssa." 

"But..." Alyssa starts, looking very confused, "I thought...I couldn't get pregnant." 

Lilith nods, understanding what she is trying to say since she was having a hard time finding the right words, "We used to think that if a couple couldn't have a baby, and the man's semen test appears to be normal, the problem lay with the woman. But it appears that is not always the case. It appears some sperm fails to communicate with the female reproductive tract and while a man can appear to be fertile, his semen can be rejected by a woman if it's not compatible with her so...I guess that was the problem with you and Bryce." 

Alyssa couldn't keep in the tears and I watch as she starts tearing up with joy, turning to me, whispering, "We're having a baby." 

"Yes, yes, we are," I told her happily, placing kisses on her hand before kissing her softly on the lips, careful not to hurt her. When I pull back, Alyssa couldn't stop smiling and tears were rolling down her face. 

"I'm so happy," She sobs, making me chuckle. 

Words can't describe how I feel right now. Imagine when our baby will be born soon. I'm so happy right now that I can't stop smiling like an idiot. I'm going to be a father! Alyssa and I will have a family, a baby- something she has always wanted. We will be a happy family and I will protect them with my life and give them happiness. 

Lilith laughs quietly, "Congrats guys. I'm so happy for you Alyssa." 

"Thank you," Alyssa told her as they hug a little, "I still can't believe it."

"Your other friend, Hyacinth, is having her ultrasound now, so I should get going," Lilith checks her watch, giving us another smile as we nod at her in understanding, "You can have yours when your ready. Okay?" 

"Thank you, Doc," We give her a thankful smile and she nods. 

 We watch as she walks out, shutting the door behind her, leaving us alone again. 

"You will be a great mother," I told Alyssa. 

"And you will be a great father," She smiles at me, holding onto my hand. 

I am thankful that Alyssa and our unborn baby is okay. Knowing now that I am going to be a father just makes me even angrier at the enemies. They almost took away my family from me. When I find them, they will be punished by me. I can't remember the last time I've dealt with the enemy, but now...it should be fun. 

***

"It's my fault," 

Looking down at  the girl, I saw the sadness and fear in her eyes as she struggles to look at me. She was shaking, nervous as she stands in front of me. She had just finished having an ultrasound and when she saw me, coming out of the room, she immediately runs over to me with Alejandro walking behind her. He looks sad as he watches his lover apologize to me.

"Its all my fault. The enemy told me to not move, but I was so scared for my life...I-I," Hyacinth was telling me, tears in her eyes, "I moved, I wanted to run away, and then Alyssa took the bullet for me. I-I..I'm sorry."

Looking at my best friend, I see that Alejandro's already looking at me. Turning back to Hyacinth, I told her quietly, "It's okay, stop crying. Alyssa's in there, you should talk to her." With that, I walk around her and head over to Alejandro who rubs his forehead tiredly. Hyacinth then walks into the private room where Alyssa was staying in. 

"Thanks man," Alejandro said, referring to what had just happened a second ago with Hyacinth.

I just nod at him, leaning against the wall. Fabio walks over to us in the hall ways, bowing his head in respect, saying, "Boss."

I stand up straight, looking at him with all seriousness, "What did you find?" 

"I found this tracker in Lady Dragon's purse," Fabio hands me a tiny black tracker, "They were able to track us down with it."

"I don't understand," Alejandro pipes in, thinking, "They outnumbered you guys. They really thought the plan well."

"According to Miles, we've been followed the moment we left the Mansion," Fabio informs me. 

"I feel like there's someone who might have given them details," I told them, "They knew there were few of you guys guarding them. Someone must have told them."

"Okay, if that is true, but who could it be?" Alejandro asked and silence falls upon us as we try to get answers to what happened. Whoever attacked knew they would be outnumbered. They tracked them down too with this tracker, but how long has this tracker been with Alyssa? Who placed it in there?" 

"Find out and report," I order, looking at Fabio who nods, excusing himself to go do his job.