21 | Camila's New Home

Three days later, I was sitting in the living room with a thick book in hand, just reading to pass time since I had nothing to do. Every day was the same, nothing new to do. So instead of spending money, I choose to stay home and read books and work at home.

"Its almost lunch time. Could you please call Damian over, Angel dear?" Emma came and asked politely.

I nod at her, putting down the book I was reading. She gives me a grateful smile before running back to the kitchen where my mother was at. Our moms always like cooking together and I'm glad mom is happier than before.

I knock on Damian's door, but he never opened the door or answered. He never left the house this morning and I don't remember him having breakfast either. Concerned, I slowly open the door, peaking in to find him sleeping still.

I near his bed, watching him as he sleeps. He was sweating and didn't look to well right now. I touch his arm, feeling how hot he felt. Reaching forward, I put my hand on his forehead and I sigh when I realize he has a fever.

"Damian?" I say softly, cupping his face.

He doesn't say anything, eyes remain closed. I left him for awhile, going to inform Emma that her son was sick and asked them to kindly prepare chicken soup. I grab a towel and filled a basin with water before heading back into the room, shutting the door behind me. Quietly sitting down on his bed, I start wiping his body, trying to get his temperature down.

Wiping his chest, I was startled when he suddenly reached out grabbing my arm. I look at his hand holding my wrist, eyes slowly looking at him as he smirks at me even in this sick state of his.

"Hey," I gave him a smile as he let's go of my arm then putting his hand on mine that held the wet towel.

He smiles a little, "Good morning, Angel."

I laugh quietly, "Its lunch time already. I'm glad you're awake, you need to eat."

I pull my hand away, grabbing another wet towel and placing it over his forehead. All the time, Damian kept his eyes on me while I try not to blush.

"Aren't they so cute?"

Damian and I both look in the doorway to see our mothers standing there with huge smiles on their faces. Emma held a tray with the soup I had asked for while mom held a tray with water and some orange juice.

"Thank you," I smile at them as they place it on the small table.

"We'll leave you both alone," Mom said, giving me a wink.

Once they were out the door, I turn to see Damian staring at me. I gather my hair over to one side of my shoulder, the hickey gone as I tell him, "Why do you always stare at me like that?"

"...because you're the most beautiful angel on earth." He answered, eyes never leaving mine as he says that.

"There's many other girls in the world, Damian." I mutter, grabbing the small spoon and the bowl of chicken porridge. I place it on the bedside table, turning to look at him, "Let me help you up a little. You need to eat since you didn't eat breakfast too."

He sits up, saying, "I know there's many girls out there in the world, but in my world, you are the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on."

I roll my eyes, trying to fight the smile creeping up as I scoop up some porridge. The porridge smelt delicious and it was hot. I blow it to cool it down a bit before looking at Damian, saying, "Ah..."

He opens his mouth, and I spoon feed him with a smile. The porridge looked very delicious and I can't wait to go have some after I'm done feeding this sick mafia boss.