Chapter 18 - One The Road

Ruth (up top)

The morning sun peek up from the earth, sending a fuzzy orange and pink through the sky. Charlotte walked down the path in the park, until she got to the bench a guy sitting on. His hands were rubbing on his pants as he looked around the park on a nervous manner.

She stopped a little ways away."Kevin."

His head snapped towards her in surprise. He got up and walked over as she began to speak. "I'm sorry I missed your calls I was-"

Kevin cut her off with a tight hug, catching her off guard. But I mean come on, who's ever actually on guard. Charlotte awkwardly patted his back.

"You scared the crap out of me Green. Where've you been?" He said into her hair. UM, you can let go now!

Charlotte's eyebrows frowned. "I was sick. Are you...okay?"

"Yeah." He chuckled, pulling away. He held her arms, "I wanted to talk to you before you left."

Okay....

"We couldn't talk over the phone?" She asked slowly.

He smiled into her eyes. "I had to say this in person."

Oh dear no.

Charlotte took a step back. "Uh, if this is about the tutoring session, you don't have to thank me. I'm glad you're staying on the soccer team."

He took a step towards her. "No that's not it. I really appreciate your help with that but..."

She tilted her head. "But...?"

He took his hands out of his gray hoodie and held her cheeks. Her eyes widened as he leaned in. Her breath was caught in her throat and she tried to speak but nothing came out except, "Um... Kevin.."

Just before their lips touched, Kevin's jerked away from a sudden shock. He put the back of his hand on his mouth. "What the..."

"Kevin what are you doing?" Charlotte asked, giving him a disturbed look.

He looked up, scratching the back of his head. "I was um" he let out a nervous laugh. "I was trying to confess like they do in the movies."

She scrunched up her nose. "Maybe you should come up with your own method of confessing. And sorry, the feeling's not mutual." She turned around and walked off. "Find another nerd to fall for idiot!"

He let out a small laugh as he watched her walk away. It didn't hurt him, he had a feeling he would get rejected for the first time. He smiled at the ground and turned to walk away.

So much for that ya dumb bass.

@@@@@@@

"Ruth!"

Kiley ran past Sidney standing at the bottom of the staircase to the open wooden doors, leading to the outside.

Sidney wore a baby blue thin long sleeve sweater and a pair a Adidas sweat pants, with her hair tied in a ponytail.

Sidney looked down at her wrist watch and groan. "Ruth de'jalien Hilton get your BUTT down here NOW! How long does it take to grab your stuff man!"

Shortly after, a big golden dog came trailing down the stairs with a bag in his mouth.  Sidney threw her hands up, "Finally! What took you so long!?

Ruth walked out the door and the butter took his bag from him.

Just then, Connor walked in with gray joggers and a white short sleeve that hugged his toned chest. "Are you ready yet? Grace and Tony are getting in the car." He frowned "And where are your shoes? We got like eight minutes to get to the palace."