Chapter 11 - Here they are

So, after testing was over, everything went back to normal.

The third period bell rang, causing students to shuffle from there seats and gather their things.

People quickly dismissed the class as extra credit, and a reward they sadly missed out on, but nothing more.

As students laughed and walked through the halls, Sidney opened her locker, casually grabbing her textbook when her eye caught something. A white lamb with gray feet and paws. She let the text book fall back into it's place then grabbed the stuffed animal.

Nine year old Connor stuck his tong to the side as he carefully knitted the lamb together.

"That's it," his mother smiled, knitting her own gift "you're a fast learner sweat heart."

"Thanks." he said slowly. He leaned in to get a better view as he stuck the nettle threw the fabric, but he stick his self.

"Ow." he frowned as a tiny speck of blood appeared on his finger, then stuck it in his mouth.

"See, that happens sometimes." His mother said " All that means is you're really trying your best, no biggy."

Connor smiled, then continued.

Soon it was time for Sidney's birthday party. Famous rich people from all over always come to support the family so this was natural.

Connor paced back and forth as he held the lamb in his hand. His father walked out from the ball room looking for him. When he saw him around the corner looking pale and nerves, he smiled, understanding him completely.

"Hey bud." He said walking over to him, causing Connor to look up "Sidney's looking for you."

Connor felt something twist at the bottom of his stomach just by the mention of her name. He rubbed the back of his neck, staring down at the stuffed lamb. "Do you think she'll like it?"

Dawn looked down at the thing. "Sure," he shrugged " it's a really cute cloud."

Connor glared "It's a lamb."

"Of course it is." he smiled, pushing him from around the corner.

His eyes widened "W-wait! I'm not ready!"

He saw Sidney setting at the head table with a board expression as she rested her chin on her palm, picking at her dish.

Dawn leans down to his ear as Connor stared at her in aw "Sometimes, life comes at you when you're not ready."

Sidney glanced up at the movement by the entrance and spotted Connor and Dawn. She immediately dropped her fork, getting the attention of the table of adults, and pushed her chair back.

"Excuse me." she smiled, not taking her eyes off Connor.

He mother swallowed her food "Sweety were are you going?"

"To Connor!" She said, picking the bottom of her dress up enough to walk.

As she speed walked to Connor, it seemed like she was moving in slow motion to him. Her golden curls bounced slightly as her dress flowed gently with her movements.

Dawn patted his shoulders then took a step back.

"Hey Connor." She beamed, wrapping her arms around his neck, catching him by surprise. He didn't know why, she did it all the time.

With the lamb still in hand, he hugged her back. She let go just enough to look at him. "It's cool you came!" she frowned "You're late though."