Chapter 10 - Testing You

Does your mom call you and not answer when you answer her back? Mine does! One of the reasons why I love her! character guys mine has character

"Um...Nick"

The six of them stood in aw, in front of a large building. "Yeah?"

"This is the right building right?" Veronica asked walking in, causing the others to follow.

"Pretty show." He nodded.

They all walked up to the front desk and was met with a rather rude looking lady. You know, the classic glasses, gritty faced, I-hate-the-world attitude.

 Veronica put on her best smile "Excuse me miss, do you know where area nine is?" 

The lady *squints at name tag* Me-len-da I think that's how you say it, looked over her glasses while chewing her chewing  gum. "On the ninth floor." She said in a duh manner.

Veronica slight frowned, 'What crawled in her pantys.'

Sidney pushed her out of the way and leaned against the desk "Hey listen," she said in a hush tone "I know your husband divorced you for a cock roach and all, but don't take it out on us kay?" The lady gasped as Sidney shrugged "Maybe she was better looking or said 'On the ninth floor' in a more respectful way. " She smiled and tapped the desk "You'll have to ask him yourself one day."

Biting back their laughs, the gang followed her to the elevator. Once they got in, their laughs slipped threw their lips.

"Sidney you were so wrong for that." Charlotte laughed

"Oh I'm sure she'll get over it." She waved off.

They walked out of the elevator, still trying to sober up from laughing, and was met with a depressed looking sarge. They all came to a halt as the watched sarge stand by the glass, hands behind his back , watching the cars below. He looked like he was thinking about something.

Sidney cleared her throat, causing his to turn and look at them. He looked sad for a moment but he quickly hid it with a frown. "You're late."

Sidney nodded "Aware. We ran into some trouble downstairs with the desk lady."

"Yeah well," he breathed out "She never seems to be having a good day. Doctor-" He coughed. He never thought it would be so hard to say her name again.

He sighed "Doctor...Doctor Ro..." He cursed under his breath.

"You okay Sarge?" Connor asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just...need some time to think."

Charlotte up to him and looked him in his eyes "Maybe you should tell her how you feel."

"WHAT?!" He yelled, not only surprising the crew but also himself.

Veronica smirked "Oh I see what's happening here." 

Sarge looked at her in horror "This about you and Doc.?"

"W-what? Why would this be about us?" He said looking away.

Sidney shrugged "Cause you look like you got hit by a bus, then someone threw you on a train track...and the train's coming."

Doctor Ross was about to walk threw the door but she paused when she heard Sargent speaking.

"I don't know what you kids are talking about. Me and Doctor Ross are-"

"Engaged?" Connor ask.

"No!"

"Divorced?" Jordan added.