Chapter 26~•By destiny and design

Dedicated to brightshiner_07

Chapter 26

~• By destiny and design

**~**

"Fear not. Indeed, I am with you. I hear and I see."

(20:46)

♡•♡•♡

By the beginning of October, a cool weather settled over the city. People were no longer slaves to the ceiling fans,air conditioners or the ice-cube-filled glasses of water or juice.

Sanitizing the kitchen countertop Yasmeen pulled her sweater sleeve down and walked to the stairs.

"To my beloved, the one who stole my heart and who now holds the key.In an age where finding an agreeable and God-fearing partner is itself becoming an uphill and increasingly challenging task,I am grateful to Allah that HE has blessed me with you".

~Fahil

Standing at the last stair Yasmeen looked at the white board hanging on the wall.His words brought a smile to her face.

They had got a white board for their home on which each would write their thought,views or their favourite quotes everyday in turns. And today it was Fahil's turn to write, she stared at the words for a long moment and, with every repeated read, her stomach felt alive with flutters. Capturing his beautiful words in her phone she clicked at the save option with a profound feeling of gratitude.

Tying her hair up in a tight bun she walked upstairs to her bedroom.They were invited for dinner at one of Fahil's friend's home.It was Kind of getting a class together and pulling off a reunion party, a picnic reunion actually, with the invitation for full family. As much as it excited Yasmeen it stressed her out. Excited she was because she was finally going to meet the families of Fahil's close friends and nervous she was because she wanted to look nice.Even though she always looked beautiful and she was never a clothes conscious person. Infact she hardly cared about her looks but this gathering meant something special for her, unlike any other gathering she had attended so far.She was more of 'Fahil-conscious' than she was self conscious. Standing in front of the wardrobe from the last fifteen minutes and even after going through the entire wardrobe twice, she was still not successful in choosing what to wear.

"Fahil suggest me which one to wear". Holding the two clothes hangers in hands she asked Fahil, who'd opened up his laptop to respond to work emails.He was so engrossed in his work that he didn't reply to her question.

"I asked you something". She reached next to him,a little annoyed at him for bringing his office work to home.

"Yeah I heard you". He said, pressing a key on the laptop.

"Can you just listen to me".

"Yes I am listening".

"No you're just pretending".

"I am really listening to you".He replied, not taking his eyes off the monitor.

"Forget it".She walked off in a huff, picking up the blue gown (intentionally) she put inside the other one before closing the wardrobe.

He stared at her for a moment before pushing himself off the high bed rest and coming to stand to her side."I think the other one will look much better on you".

"You're time is up".

"But I was just going to tell you".

She glared at him and in response he lifted his lips into a small smile and nodded slowly. Infuriated,she turned to walk away but Fahil couldn't let her walk away. He caught her in his arms, hauling her into his embrace." You know you're allowed to wear blue outfits only in front of special few and donning it in this gathering is a definite no".