Chapter 9~• The Good News and The Bad News

Chapter~•9

The Good News and The Bad News

" You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?"

°•Jalaluddin Rumi•°

*❤*❤*

Some moments elapsed before Hera asked,"When"?

"Two weeks ago. It was a small ceremony,consisting of my family and four members from the guy's side." Hera remained silent, not manifesting any emotions.

"I am sorry. I was so disturbed that I couldn't tell you".

Hera gazed at her for a moment. Suddenly her arms went around her, hugging her tight and they both nearly dropped to the ground.

" Are you crazy,I am so happy for you".She said,hugging her tightly rocking from side to side. A lone tear rolled tear rolled down Yasmeen's cheek.

"What happened Yasmeen are you not happy with this engagement"? Hera asked,worried at her friend's reaction.

" I don't know, everything seems so messed up."

"Why would you say that"? Hera was still bewildered at her response.

"This is happening too quickly, Hera". She cracked up. Hera let her cry until she calmed,before stepping in to comfort her.

" But that's going to be after you are done with the school,Yasmeen.I am still not sure what's bothering you".

"I am worried for my mother. I don't know how she going to be all by herself, after I move in with my in laws".

" She will not be alone,your brother and his wife will be with her".Hera could relate to this so well,deep down she felt a tinge of pain on thinking about her mother after her marriage.

"My sister in law has no interest in me or my mother. She doesn't want to stay with us. From past few moths she is after my akhi,demanding for a separate home even though we do not bother her at all. After the death of my father my mother has restricted herself to her room and I am pretty much the same,staying in my room or at the most in my mother's room. She has the home all to herself but she is still not happy with it.My akhi is under a lot of mental stress due to her demands,he doesn't want the two of us to leave alone in a different home and if he stays with us his wife will be alone so either way it is not possible to have two separate homes."Hera moved her lips but no words of comfort came to her.

"How are your in laws"?

" They are very good,alhamdulillah. The lady who was sitting next to me in the lawn is my future mother in law. She treats me like her own daughter and my would-be has said I can continue my studies if I wish to."

"That's great,and what about your fiancée"?

" He is very understanding and kind alhamdulillah. My brother knows him very well because he was his senior in the University. He is an IT professional and I will be moving in to a different city after marriage, leaving my mother alone makes me stressed."

"Yasmeen,you are spoiling your present with the unnecessary worry of your future - something over which you have no control.As humans we lack the knowledge of future,we are bounded by time,space and limited perception.This is one of our greatest weakness but Allah is Al-Khabeer,The All-knowing.He knows it all,He is all aware.He provides from sources,you never imagined so have faith in Him and trust His plans for you.At the end of the day His plans proves to be the best for us."

"I am so grateful to have you and Eisha in my life. Talking to you makes me free with half the stress as it is.I think that's the beauty of sisterhood for the sake of Allah."