Chapter 16~• Confessions Of Truth And Pain

Before i begin the chapter I wanna say Eid Mubarak to you all. May Allah accept it from all of us.

I couldn't update from last three days because of some reasons. So today I decided to give you all a double eidi from my side, which means I'll update two chapters today in sha Allah. I have written the next chapter, only editing is left I'll do that soon and update it.

Have a wonderful Eid and a wonderful read :)

                               31st July, 2020
                                       11:45 am

               Chapter 16

        ~• Confessions of
             Truth And Pain

" Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions."

(Surat Al-Nahl, Verse 97)

****

Hera could still see the surprise look lingering on her face . Eventually Sahra sat back, her body slack against the chair.

Silence enveloped them for a long while until Sahra finally looked at her. "Whatever I am doing is only in the best interest for you.Don't fret yourself over the matters which doesn't concern you".Though her voice was gentle,but her words commanded more loudly than her words could.

"I have lost my peace,my sleep and my confidence. Ummi can't you see my sadness, loneliness, and all that I hide from the world? My heart hurts a lot right now, and perhaps you want it to stay that way."

Her words were strong and unwavering, landing heavy on Sahra's heart. There were so many old aches,forgotten cries and forgiven complains in her heart...,regrets and could have been's and what if's, it wasn't as though this one should weigh so much more heavily, but it did.

"If I tell you,you will lose your identity and your everything". Her calm tone was getting scary.

"At least I'd be better to know than sulking forever, in the misery of, 'not knowing'."

Sahra shut her eyes tight.It was as though it hurt her to remember.And several tears drops rolled down her cheek.

Hera was about to reach out to her when her cold voice arrested her, to the seat.

"Your father did not die in an accident. I have been telling you this story to..." There was silence again, perhaps she was looking for the words which could hurt Hera less.

"Then how did he passed away"? She took a deep breath, her eyes watering.

" I don't know if he is dead or alive."She didn't stop this time and continued, "But he is dead to me.

He died the day he decided to go against Allah, the day he put our lives in danger." She wiped the tears roughly with her palm.

"We had been the perfect family, the happy family.After Allah blessee us with you I thought life couldn't be more beautiful.We were doing financially well in the city but your father wanted to start his own business,so he moved all of us to Shikhla". Her brain reeled. With a desperate effort she paused. Realising what she was talking about,the only thing on her mind was to tell her daughter nothing but truth regardless of what opinion her daughter could form about her father.

When the tide of thought seemed returning to its former channel,she had the strength to carry on.

"In the beginning I tried to make him understand that this decision wasn't in favour of all of us.Your grandfather too wasn't happy with it for many reasons,his capital concern was that it was simply too risky with such less investment. Plus he had a good job in the city so there was no need of starting any business in the town." She inhaled deeply before proceeding, "Everybody failed at making him understand and one day we finally moved to Shikhla.It was around a year in the town when one night few men from Al Khumayr family came to our door,that time your father was not at home and you were sleeping.I was panicked watching so many men at the door holding knives and iron rods in their hands.They said they were looking for your father because... "She paused for what seemed like forever and said,"because he had married a sister of their family,and when her family came to know about it they eloped. At that moment,I felt the ground was pulled out from under my feet.I...I couldn't believe them. The next morning they were declared as fugitive,a prize was announced on them dead or alive and we both weren't allowed to go out of the town until your father was found. So we two had no option but to stay in that town as some sort of captives. The entire week I prayed for your father's safety for I strongly believed that he could never do such a thing. He could never run away like this, putting our lives into danger. But I was gravely wrong...one weekend he managed to snuck into our house in the dark of night. All my believes in him,my trust and my love for him died,the moment he confirmed all the allegations against him as true.He said he was sorry,he didn't know things would turn this bad and that he needed to go.They were fleeing the country,all the arrangements were made in prior and he had just come to say us 'goodbye'."She scoffed sarcastically.