Chapter 25•~Rainbows and Pain

Chapter  25

          •~ Rainbows and Pain

                       August 18th, 2020

" The more spiritually alive your heart is,the more pain it will feel".

•¤•¤•¤•¤•

He looked down at the bowl of cereal sitting on the table and gave a heavy, deep sigh.

"What? It's high fibre".

"Yeah there is enough fibre in this to make a floor mat".He shrugged his bulky shoulders.

"The body needs lots of fibre Ammar".She replied eyeing him,resting her hands on her hips in sarcastic disapproval of her husband.

"You have fed me so much fibre that a fibre processing industry can be made  out of me".

Eisha and Ahmed burst into laughter at the sight of his sorry state.

"Such an ungrateful 'bad-half' you are.Even Eisha and Ahmed are having  it but they never say a word".

"Yeah let them have the same breakfast for four months and then tell me what happens". Inserting the cereal holding spoon into his mouth he surprised both of his siblings with what he just said.

"It feels like eons since i last ate pizza". He sniveled.

"If you eat pizza you'll have a pizza face." She rolled her eyes.

"You, worry about that...We guys have beard" He stroked his beard,"so no matter what grows on our face our beard will cover for us".

"But still akhi... You should be grateful to your wife because she takes so much care of your diet". Eisha said with a smirk on her face.

"Yeah...all wives are the same". He retorted.

"Eisha is right akhi".This was Ahmed, who intervened with the intent to annoy his big brother.

"Wait until you get married".

"You know what... don't eat the cereals. I don't want to force it on you,when you're not interested in taking care of your health".She snatched the bowl out of his hand and took long strides to the kitchen.

"No i didn't mean that".He shouted and launched himself out of his chair, following her to the kitchen.

"Come on...you cannot be upset about that".

"I was kidding".

No response

"I was actually 'secret' praising you". 

No response again.

Instead of replying she turned round from the kitchen table, folding her arms across her chest.

"I was just joking...that's it".He tried to hold her hand but she immediately brushed away.

"Okay i am sorry". He stood in front of her with an innocent face,waiting to be forgiven.

She gave no response and turned her face away from him.Infact it seemed she was enjoying teasing him.

He rubbed his forehead and took a step back.She thought he was going away but without any warning she was pulled towards him.

All her temper tantrums vanished. Flabbergasted she struggled to get out of his arms."What are you doing? Eisha and Ahmed are here". She gasped, fighting against his strong arms.

"Say you forgive me".

"No way". She felt his arms tightening around her.

Frantically she responded,
"okay... okay... I sorry you".