Chapter 23•~ Towards A New Begining

Chapter •~ 23

    Towards A New Begining

                         15th August, 2020

There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoiled, the whole body gets spoiled – and that is the heart.”

[Bukhary, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 49: Part of the Hadith Narrated by An-Nu’man bin Bashir]

                       •¤•¤•¤•

Rashid woke up to a dark bedroom. He didn't blink the sleep out of his eyes, he just pulled the sheet further up onto his shoulders, so it almost touched his neck. The white dimity curtains were drawn together blocking out the sun completely.

He was awake because he felt the cold in his sleep, but soon he nuzzled into his pillow, and fell back asleep.

Though he was not a wild sleeper but during weekends he would tear a new if anyone shook him out of his 'beauty sleep',except his mother.

He woke up again, in what seemed like, just a few minutes later.The curtains were drawn open, the sunlight hitting the walls and floors of the bedroom.Squinting his eyes he looked around.

"Wake up Rashid".

He could only make out his mother's voice but not her words.

"Mom I prayed fajr,already".He groaned in his sleep.Tugging the sheet up again, he plopped back down onto his pillow.

"Oh boy, just wake up.There is an emergency".

The urgency in her tone jarred him out of the sleep and he launched forward.

"What is it mom"? The wooden floor almost froze the bottom of his feet.

"Remember i had told you about my friend's daughter and her interest in seeking an admission in college",Watching him nod his head in agreement she continued,"Well she was suppose to be here in a week but some fight erupted in the town so she was made to leave the town immediately. She is coming here on her own.We need to go pick her up".

But the entire matter didn't concern him as much as it worried his mother."Okay mom,take Zaid with you". He retreated back to the warmth and comfort of his bed,only to turn around after not getting any response from his mother,who  sported a 'are-you-crazy' expression on her face.

"Mom please".

"Zaid has left for the library".

"Dad"?

"Not at home".

Before he could give her some other non feasible suggestion Ayesha passed her verdict and walked into the hallway.

"Ten minutes... I will be waiting for you in the car".

Letting out a loud groan he scuffed himself to the washroom.

Few minutes later they were in the car,on their way to the bus terminal.

"What is the name of the bus, mom"?

"I don't know".

"Then how am I suppose to get the information on bus arrival"?

"Ustadh Abdullah said that she'll be here in an hour.Why don't you enquire about all the buses arriving from khourtum".

"In an hour? Then why we are we here so early"? He tried to keep irritation out of his voice.

"What do you mean why? She is all alone, it's good that we be here before time".