Red and black : chapter ten

Start from the beginning

I dropped down on my knees beside him despite Isaac telling me otherwise, I brought my hands up, without thinking I gently grabbed both sides of his face and started rubbing my thumb up and down his cheek shushing him quietly.

It seemed to break his trance and his green orbs looked right back at mine, his eyes widened, and again it felt like time completely stopped, just me and him, our eyes fixated on each other and just that.

Even with blood dripping down his face and a busted lip, he looked gorgeous, his face looked like it was sculpted by the gods, his skin was flawless and soft, and his eyes, those damned eyes. They looked almost unhuman, brighter than the stars, but still so mysterious.

That's when they fell closed, and his head fell heavier, the blunt between his lips lost its support as they parted, falling down into the grass beside us.

Isaac hand came into view, helping me support his head as he fell unconscious. I looked back at the direction of the boy but to only find an empty spot with none in it, I looked further back to see Adam sprinting towards us with Michael and Tyler right behind him.

"hey hey Darryl don't fall asleep on us now," Isaac said worried, shifting my attention back to Darryl, he was paler, and his cuts were now bleeding more, by the looks of it he would probably need stitches.

"yo, what the fuck just happened?!" Tyler loudly said behind us, even though his attempt to sound calm his voice was shaken up,  "calm down and call 911" Isaac spoke through his teeth moving Darryl's head onto his lap. That's when I realized what is in that bag the guys dropped before printing off.

"he got fucking weed on him, Isaac!" I quickly said looking back at Tyler who already has his phone in his hand, clearly about to call. " if you call he's gonna get in more fucking trouble then he needs too! I mean look at him he's already fucked as for right now, we can't call 911 and get him involved with the police when he has this amount of weed on him!"

In silence I snapped my head back to Darryl, the others hadn't said a word and the silence just got ticker and uncomfortable by the second. I took a deep breath and looked up at Isaac, " we get him to our car, drive to our place and fix him up"

I shifted my attention back to Darryl, sighed, before adding, " with all the times I've hurt myself, and you coming come from a fight at the bar, this is easy"

"Yeah, you're right" Isaac added, also sighing before sighing for Tyler and Michael to come over.

Slowly they made their way over, Isaac carefully lifted Darryl's head from his lap, putting his left arm under his head; neck, his right under his legs. "Help me stand up and I'll take it from there," Isaac said to Tyler and Michael.

They both helped him up, and as I stood up I looked back at Adam who by the looks of it just snapped back into reality and realized the situation. I looked away and down at the bag of weed that was dropped where Darryl was just laying, without thinking, I picked it up.

I put it in the pocket of my hoodie and jogged up to the others who had started making their way back to our cars. The walk back was silent, we were by the looks of it all deep in thought, that was understandable though.

None of us had expected this to happen, and definitely not having such a serious thing on us, or, more like me, I have fucking weed on me. I was started to feel like all eyes were on me the more we walked like they knew I had something on me.

Is this what every person that smokes feel like walking out with this amount on them? It doesn't help that I'm also starting to sweat like crazy.

We finally made it to our cars, Adam without a word went over to our car and sat in the front passenger side, " drive to school, tell them I'm staying home with Zak and call me after school, I'll update you guys through the day" Isaac said, Darryl's weight was now clearly getting to Isaac so they both agreed and we went to our cars.