-ˋ 49

CHAPTER FORTY NINE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE RUMOURS BEGIN

. . .

She was in a good mood most of the days now. Her friends tried their best to keep Tiger away from Olivia, and for the most part it worked. There was only the problem that Olivia was almost everywhere.

In her classes, in the common room, in the dorm, in the Great Hall. It was almost an impossible mission. However, somehow Remus, James and Lily managed to co-ordinate it in a way that caused Tiger to barely even glance in Olivia's direction.

Almost as if the girl had never even become a student at Hogwarts at all. But despite the trio's efforts, Olivia seemed to be making it harded.

Glares, snide comments, sarcastic comments under her breath whenever Tiger would answer in class or ask a question. Tiger reacted a lot better than Remus could've hoped for in these sort of situations - she didn't.

They had been going on for a month. And whilst Tiger had been slightly more irritated by Olivia's actions up until half way through January, she reacted less and less as the days went by.

And it seemed that Olivia didn't like this. So the girl began going out of her way to do things that would annoy Tiger. She hadn't bothered to make friends of her own, and would make points to sit next to Tiger's friends in class.

This happened on multiple occasions, to all of them. Remus in Potions, James in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Lily in Charms and so on. But Tiger would take it in her stride, ignoring it and sitting by herself.

It all seemed practically harmless, more focused on annoying Tiger out of her mind than anything else. Mostly it involved her friends, people who Olivia knew wouldn't exactly put up a fight against her sitting next to them, or talking to them.

Except Sirius. Sirius would straight up refuse to have anything to do with her, not caring for the 'politeness' and 'public ettiquette' that the others seemed to have in mind. To him, there was no need to show any form of politeness or kindness to Olivia, whether it was just something you just generally do.

And Tiger agreed with him - not that she would say anything in front of Lily, who seemed to be paricularily partial to politeness. But Tiger thought what he was doing was hilarious.

It almost made it all worth it, seeing the look on Olivia's face as Sirius would ignore her and walk past her, move straight out of any seat when she would sit next to him, and breeze past her if she even tried to make eye contact.

Olivia seemed to have a crush on Sirius - who, when Tiger told him her theory - took it in his stride, ( "Everyone does at this point." He had said, with a straight face ).  Which made it even funnier to see Olivia get rejected time and time again. 

Sometimes Tiger even hoped that Olivia had just dropped it. That she was just trying to become a student and not spread around rumours about what happened at Ilvermorny. 

That was until the first proper Quidditch match of the year. Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw. Everyone was excited for the game, as the season didn't start again properly until the first day of February, which was when everything would start again.