-ˋ 61

CHAPTER SIXTY ONE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH MINDS
ARE MADE UP

. . .

Dumbledore might not have come to that session, but he certainly came to the next one.

And the one after that.

In fact, he didn't just come to the Saturday sessions, but seemed to know whenever the group were having one, and he ended up popping up in them far more often than expected. Especially as June crossed into July and it came to the last week of school

This was the week they had been dreading and anticipating for so long was finally upon them. The first three days were almost completely normal; attending classes, James still talking about the Gryffindor match against Ravenclaw and winning the world cup, Lily and Marlene discussing the exact date of their meetup and Remus worrying that the full moon was too close to their graduation and he wouldn't be able to enjoy it enough.

Really, he shouldn't have even considered it being an issue: their graduation was a week previous to the date, yet it was so important that he couldn't help but view it as a threat.

Their actual graduation ceremony was on Friday, but there was a variety of events before it. On Thursday night, the End of Term Feast, which was where Dumbledore would announce the winners of the House cup and the younger years got a chance to say goodbye to the older years.

Then, there was an assembly on Friday when the graduates saw the younger years off followed by a picnic-style lunch, and after the younger years got onto the train and had left the parents would arrive for the official graduation ceremony.

Tiger had been told all about it by James one night. All about how they had special graduation robes with a layer with their house colours beneath, and how their pointed hats had a band of their house colour around the brim.

And then after they actually graduate, in what may be a much more important aspect to everyone other than Tiger - given her beginning at the school only being the year previous - they would make their way across the lake to meet their families and take the smaller train back to London.

Peter seemed to have completely forgotten about the second train and had proceeded to talk their ears off for an hour about the origins of it. If he wasn't an eighteen year old perhaps it would've been sweet, but he never seemed to like Tiger as much as she liked him.

And with all the excitement of graduation and second trains, Dumbledore didn't seem to be as caught up in it as expected. He was attending every meeting, Dorcas swore she had seen him actually walking about the castle and he had begun to take his meals in the Great Hall as opposed to his office.

In all honesty, and Tiger made sure to comment on it, he seemed to be looking for something. What exactly was not clear, and neither was where - it seemed to be all over the place, and perhaps even out of it.

But all became clear on Wednesday evening, which was their last scheduled meeting before the festivites of graduation began. "If I could all draw your attention please." Dumbledore called, and Sirius had to stop himself from rolling his eyes; he had been in the midst of a spell that was one of his best.

And as the group turned towards the Headmaster, someone who would have once been a person they were rather in awe of and shocked they were even in the same room, they found out what he was asking of them: to go on their first mission with the rest of the Order - two of them would be joining them on a raid on a building they thought to be a Death Eater meeting place with important information inside. It was to be on late Thursday night - technically Friday morning.

"I have come to the conclusion that not only are one or two of you are ready, but all of you." Dumbledore said. "And that it should be a decision you all make together. Any volunteers?"

There was silence, shock on each and every expression. Everybody was completely taken aback by the announcement, and none could figure out whether or not they wanted to go.

"We'll go." Tiger cleared her throat, a smile on her face. Everyone turned to look towards her. She was holding James's arm up in the air, the Potter boy staring. "Right, James?"

"Right." James had that cocky smirk on his face again. "We'll do it."